Photos: YOU & YOUR Sunfish, in water, under sail

Discussion in 'Photo Gallery' started by NightSailor, May 11, 2010.

1. Lindac

Lindac Member

2. Jack

Jack Member

sunfish pic sunfish.jpg

3. Repete

Repete Sunfish1909

1979 Sunfish on Palmer Lake in Southwest Michigan.............

Attached Files:

4. Geophizz

Geophizz Member

[​IMG]
    Taken today at the Massapoag Yacht Club 3rd annual Sunfish/Laser Regatta. I'm in the boat on the left, with the blue and yellow sail.

5. gjohn3707

gjohn3707 New Member

waiting for the next race

Attached Files:

6. NightSailor

NightSailor Captain

I finally got some pictures of myself sailing one of my sunfishes, along with my lovely Amy-Jo.

I actually had two boats in the water this weekend at my Sunfish Gathering at Calf Pasture Beach. Winds were in the 10-12 knot range--very steady.

Both boats feature Neil Pryde Sails. THREAT has the HULA design. WASP has a custom color combination I call HORNET--Yellow and Black stripes which contrast nicely with the black logo.

Someone ripped out my halyard cleat on the mast on THREAT--one rivet anyway, and my luff tension and foot tension needed a minor amount of adjustment on both boats. I brought spare rivets but forgot my rivet gun. I need to replace the line to tension the luff and foot with something better with less stretch, that is easier to adjust.

You can't really see the beautiful splice job I did on the mainsheet, but you can probably tell it was not tied on with a bulky bowline.

Also check out my Harken Carbo blocks on the boom. One of the boat has a Harken carbo ratchet block--which I really enjoyed using. It had great feel, held well when I needed it.

These boats were sailing most of the day Saturday and Sunday. I let nearly a dozen people try them out.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. tag

tag my2fish

Nightsailor - those are some nice photos! looks like it was a great day for sailing. how was the attendance for your Sunfish gathering this past weekend?

cheers,
    tag

8. NightSailor

NightSailor Captain

Not as good a turn out as I'd expected. But I learned a bit about organizing this sort of event. I'll do better next year. I'll post more about it soon.

9. hawkes

hawkes New Member

Mine is a minifish with sunfish rigging and sail.

Attached Files:

10. tag

tag my2fish

I already posted one, but here's a new one! last week, sailed a bit one afternoon on Lake Michigan. winds were pretty light, but you could get moving along. waves were pretty minimal, and the water was fairly shallow - so I took my 2 youngest sons (age 5 and 2 yrs) on their 1st ever ride on dad's Sunfish. my wife and older son (age 9) were kayaking around out on the lake with me.

[​IMG]

I sometimes get annoyed with light wind days - but this turned out to be a great day - I was able to give short rides on the sailboat to several other kid's (my cousin's kids), along with my aunt, my dad and my youngest sister (all 1st-timer's!).

cheers,
    tag

11. NightSailor

NightSailor Captain

12. Domromer

Domromer Member

13. Pete Z

Pete Z Member

This picture was taken just off Rodanthe NC on the Pamlico Sound. My Canadian buddy took this from the cottage he was in on a deck about 40' off the water. This is my son's boat and the sail number was the number on his fish from 30+ years ago. Pete SF1B.jpg

14. tag

tag my2fish

here's a good one I took while I was sailing my Sunfish - my 10-yr old son sailing along side me on our Minifish. calm day on the beautiful waters of Lake Michigan.

Noah minifish - Copy.JPG