Part-Time Charter Boat Captain

Discussion in 'Sunfish Wanted Ads' started by beadle, May 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. beadle

beadle New Member

Royal Bermuda Yacht Club

Requires the services of a
    Part-Time Charter Boat Captain
    The Royal Bermuda Yacht Club is looking for an experienced part-time Charter Boat Captain to operate its Club vessel Cleopatra during major sailing regattas, regular Saturday sailing and private charters by its members and guests.
    Key Job Accountabilities:
    • Efficiently and safely operate the Club vessel
    • Check engines/fuel/water and bilges before and after use
    • Liaise with Club’s Restaurant operation re stocks of food and beverages and other special requests
    • Arrange mark anchors, course board and flags in support of racing activities
    • Ensure vessel is clean and tidy following use
    • Refuel vessel as required
    • Reposition vessel to appropriate berth during inclement weather, storms or hurricanes

Key Job Requirements:
    • Must be a qualified Grade B Pilot Licence holder
    • Two years minimum experience in the Charter Boat business
    • Excellent interpersonal skills and flexibility
    • Ability to respond on short notice

Applications with full resume should be submitted in writing to:
    The General Manager, Royal Bermuda Yacht Club
    P.O. Box HM 894
    Hamilton HM DX
    Closing Date: Wednesday May 12th, 2010

2. JEFFSAIL_NJ732

JEFFSAIL_NJ732 Sunnie & kayak FS. save $200 & dmv hassle

Last edited: Aug 21, 2014
  3. beldar boathead

beldar boathead Well-Known Member

I heard they forgot to install the drain plug and the Cleopatra sank while on station awaiting the first finishers in the Newport Bermuda race. BB

4. JEFFSAIL_NJ732

Dear Capt Beldar & Bosun Boathead: did they clock in my first to finish, boat name "Sea-Alice?" No reply from Adm Beadle. Is he for real or is this a bogus website? Reply to me directly: JeffSail (underscore) NJ732. My skill set is in great demand. at Y a h o o dot com. Last call or we report pirates to the CG for boarding & arrests at sea. No kidding.

5. beldar boathead

beldar boathead Well-Known Member

Terry Beadle is the former Sunfish class secretary, and he posted the above the request of the RBYC. It looks like when this was posted back in 2010 that RBYC wanted all applications in writing. Perhaps you can find an email address for RBYC and try that, or else use snail mail to the address above. If they have re-floated the Cleopatra, they might need a new Captain. The old one might be a persona non grata over the drain plug incident. BB

6. JEFFSAIL_NJ732

Boatnecker: let's see what Adm. Beadle says about this. Is s/he for real? JeffSail

7. JEFFSAIL_NJ732

Calling Mr. Bosun Boathead: Do you read me, sir? I thank you for your kindness in reply. That's why I asked for a Marine Survey Report: "M/V Cleopatra, Sunk on Finish Line Station. While inhabited, to boot!" In fact, your avatar resembles a SUNFISH(R) foredeck with royal colored stripes and a SF masthead with colored sail stripes.
    .______________________
    If I could connect with Past SF Class Sec'y Emeritus, Terry Beadle, I have an even better biz opportunity to present to him, and safer, too. Capt. Jeff Gerber, ship to shore, cell: 443.603.7514. I'm having some rip currents on this site from the reef riff and raff, with Capt. Obvious's many misdirections and mispellings..... Can anyone explain this otherwise cool website?
    ...... Over.......

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.