Ouch, my aching buns

Surely I can't be the only one that gets a sore behind after a long day of sailing? any thoughts on how to soften the problem? or should I just eat more?

Russ

That's what the throwable life preserver is for :)

Is THAT what that thing is for? ;)
Yesterday we went to a "new" lake. Wateer skied there many times in years gone by, but I haven't ever sailed on it before as I felt we needed to have the kicker to get in and out of the boat ramp cove. we have a MinnKota now, an boy howdie did we have an awesome day. what a great sailing lake. the air was buttery smooth all day long. not very strong, but it still made us smile from ear to ear until we wore ourselves to a frazel.
it was a very hot day, and also light enough air that it wasn't an issue to pull off the jacket and use it for a seat. not very handy, but it worked. I think I'll cut out some pads from a piece of 1/2" rubber mats that I have laying around. Not sure I want to glue them onto the seats, but we'll see how they are first, just setting there loose, next time out.

I KNOW I put a Corona in here somewhere…..
411634767.jpg

That looks like a great day! I'm fortunate the boat has cushions that fit snugly on the seats - and float.boat.jpg

From Barco-lounger? ;) . that looks really thick and plush.
I've since glued in some 1/2" foam pad in ours. cut from a few of those interlocking pads they make for workout rooms (see one on the back of the boat in pic). sure does help ease the ache. :)
411672779.jpg

Russ

Russ, what glue did you use? Tom, that's a clever idea. How did you keep it from moving around in the boat?

cnw1995,
I used contact cement. they ain't movin' ;) .

Tom,
yes indeed. great idea. I was just looking at various styles of those and the thought occurred to me: Someone should make a stadium chair that was also legal as a throwable flotation devise. I think you should design and market my idea. we could both become rich :D:D

Russ

From Barco-lounger? ;) . that looks really thick and plush.
I've since glued in some 1/2" foam pad in ours. cut from a few of those interlocking pads they make for workout rooms (see one on the back of the boat in pic). sure does help ease the ache. :)
411672779.jpg

Russ

Hi Russ, been thinking about some spring projects before I put my Capri in the water - this one could be pretty minimal effort for a very high impact! Do you know how many squares you needed? My boat is 3.5 hrs away so I can't really measure right now. Thanks!

Back