One course or two at Masters in Halifax

RobKoci

There is much talk of how many courses there will be in Halifax. The rumour is that there will be one for the Radials and one for the Full Rigs. Does anyone have an official word on this?

There is much talk of how many courses there will be in Halifax. The rumour is that there will be one for the Radials and one for the Full Rigs. Does anyone have an official word on this?

I don't have the "official" word but the Master Worlds is meant to break into two groups - Radial and Standard - sailing on separate course areas. This was done in Roses, then in Terrigal (by sending the two groups out at different times) and has become policy.

With that many boats coupled with the growth in the Radial fleet there really is no way to run the event any other way. Importantly, it allows the Radials to split into fleets by age division, with four fleets on the Radial fleet trapezoid.

Also, it should be that the Standard Masters (still at around 100 boats) will split into two fleets with a qualifying round and then gold/silver finals. So, that still puts four fleets of boats on the Standard fleet trapezoid.

Like I said, I have no inside info, just speculating, though I'd be surprised if they didn't have two trapezoids.

Back