Old Style Sunfish parts for sale

Discussion in 'Sunfish For Sale' started by jfyiii, Jul 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jfyiii

jfyiii New Member, old sailer

Recently someone stopped by my house and offered me his "old but well maintained sunfish" because he had seen mine in the driveway. He said I was "the right buyer". I went over to his house to take a look and he had all the parts but the boat clearly had not been used for quite some time (5 years or more). He did not want much and seemed like he could use the money so I purchased it and hauled it home.
    On closer inspection the hull seems shot. There is an 8 inch crack in the floor of the footwell (wide enough to slip a nickle through); there are cracks under the rudder mount and in several places under the rubrail, and there are several amaturish repairs to the gelcoat. The tiller mount backing block is so rotted several screws just lifed out. You get the picture.

However, the other parts seem in usable or better shape. I figure I'll give the guy some of the proceeds.
    • Sail - red white an blue, in great shape (better than mine) except for a couple of faded areas
    • Daggar - couple of dings in the bottom from groundings but no cracks
    • Tiller/rudder - old style, used but no cracks
    • Rudder mount - it seems complete including the locking pin/chain, and all mounting screws
    • Sail Clips - complete set
    • Main sheet clip - no main sheet line
    • Main haylard block and cleat - block is actually a pully rather than a simple eye used on later models
    • The little hook to hold the mainsheet
    • Spars - straight with end caps, some pitting in the anodization
    • Mast - straight, missing bottom cap, some pitting in the anodization
    • The old style bailer part for inside the boat - someone was looking for this part recently, retaining nut on through hull part is pretty corroded (although I could cut it out if someone wants it)
    • The aluminum rubrail - someone was lo
    • oking for rubrail a while back and I'm willing to drill out the rivets to get it off, shipping will be interesting but I have ideas
    • Spash guard - the one on the boat is white and in good shape
    • Bow handle - crome is pitted
    • Drain plug fitting and screw - there are two one on each side
    • Serial number plate - if someone is missing thiers and wants to look official
    If someone wants the hull or something inside it let me know. I'm probably going to cut it up into managable pieces with a sawzall (that will be fun) so I can put it into the trash. I've seen refrigerators picked up I our neighborhood so the pieces don't need to be too small.

Feel free to email with questions or offers.

2. maestro2

maestro2 Duplicate Personality

3. MarkS

MarkS New Member

Hi - I would be interested in the daggar board. I just was given an old sunfish and it has an old rudder from some other boat for a daggar board.

I am not sure how old it is. From the late 60's or early 70's. It has the old style rudder fittings. It was made in Canada by Grew boats but I can't track it back.

I am in Canada so I don't know if you want to get into shipping etc.

Here is my email

marksawyer@ca.inter.net

Thanks

Mark

4. Kendall

Kendall New Member

Hi you didnt respond to my email, so Im interested in the sail if no one else bought it, the tiller, the mainsheet pulley, the halyard, the identification plate and possibly the mast. Please email me kjscomp@aol.com

Kendall

5. sosopix

sosopix New Member

Hi, I'm interested in the centerboard. Just got a sunfish, and should have checked it out better. The centerboard seems "bent", and won't go all the way into the slot.
    thanks,
    Sue

6. dinghyone

dinghyone Curmudgeon

I have a newly refinished wood (latest style) centerboard for sale.
    It will fit all fiberglass boats. Please contact me for pictures.
    $100 + ups charges
    C.P. Burks dinghyone-at-att-dot- net 817-266-7816

7. lschneider

lschneider New Member

Hello,

Heavy winds and a poorly conceived pull on teh boom by my sis snapped our old Sunfish boom 2 weeks ago (I bought this when I was 16 and am now in my 40s so you get an idea of its age). The boat is so old and rarely used (two weeks a year to bring joy to its owner and her 10 nieces and nephews during the summer family reunion). Woudl you consider $50 for your sail parts (not sure that ypu'd want to sell me the boom alone, but that is what I need). I'll need to spend a bit of cash to get from east Long Island to North of Phiadelphia to pick it up.

Thanks for your feedback. I'll be internet challenged the next 3 days, so cell phone might be more efficient: 646-250-7869.

Louise

8. Kthomet

Kthomet New Member

Bottom plate for rudder assembly needed. Can you please quote me and I will buy the part so that I can get my boat completed? Thank you.

9. lovetosail

lovetosail New Member

metal drain plug needed...former owner drove off with it upon his bumper...do you, or anyone, have one for sale?

10. jdyer

jdyer New Member

I am reconditioning an older style sunfish. I need the rudder support bracket (upper and lower piece, pin etc.) Please respond as soon as possible as summer is ticking away.

11. jyeager1

jyeager1 New Member

How much do you want for the sail?
    J Yeager
    Bridgton, ME

12. imported_memnar

imported_memnar New Member

Wow! Anything left? Like parania on meat!

13. visell

visell New Member

Hi,

If you have parts left, would you be interested in shipping them?

I won't detail my needs until I hear from you.

Thanks

Visell

14. imported_tasar

imported_tasar New Member

This seems to be another hoax, a play on forum users.....I've quizzed 5 members none of which recieved the courtesy of a reply....if you're going to use the internet tack to sell, take the time and decency to monitor. I'm sure we've all seen these tactics before, these teasers are everywhere......

I've also noticed regular users cancel/repost ads to percolate theirs to the top. This is inconsiderate and should be flagged by the moderator.

Well, at least we talked about it........

15. KurtCylke

KurtCylke New Member

Hi,

I am interested in the rudder and tiller. I can pick up. Thanks

Kurt Cylke
    cell 7# 03.216.3643

16. vfield

vfield New Member

Hi
    I am interested in the splash guard. Please let me know if it is still available
    Thanks
    vfield@yahoo.com

17. taylor

taylor New Member

If you still have rudder mount hardware pinn bracket i am interested to set up sale.. thanks catmell61@cox.net

18. wboettch

wboettch New Member

Is there any chance you still have the bow handle. I'm interested if you do. Please let me know how much you want for it.

wboettch@yahoo.com

Thanks,
    Bill

19. cjobara

cjobara New Member

I am in need of some aluminum edging. I need three pieces that total 61 in. They are 16 in, 15 in and 30 in. Do you have any available? I can be reached at cjo1023 at yahoo dot com. Thank you.

20. leosantanalg

leosantanalg New Member

I recently came across a Sunfish in a very similar fashion.

I am looking for the rudder assembly with tiller, daggerboard, and rudder. It looks like the mount is in place.

Would you be able to sell these parts to me and for how much?

Many Thanks,

Leo
    518-572-3426
    leosantanalg@gmail.com

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.