Old Salt

Wayne

Member Emeritus
All,

I just heard the news, the sailing community lost a good friend and supporter a couple of weeks back.

I know several sailors here have found their boats and many more received lots of good advice through the Sailing Texas website.

As proprietor of the Sailing Texas web pages, David Luckenbach was selflessly devoted to promoting sailing at every level.

We will miss Dave and the enthusiasm he brought to the enjoyment of sailing.

Wayne

http://www.sailingtexas.com
sailingtexasthumbnail.gif

An "old salt" in the English speaking naval services is often a raconteur, or teller of sea stories. Much of the history and traditions of the naval services are passed from generation to generation of service members by these sea stories as told and retold by old salts. Sea stories may be truthful, half-truths, or falsehoods, however they always enhance the reputations of naval and Marine units, or individuals.

An "old salt" in the English speaking naval services is often a raconteur, or teller of sea stories. Much of the history and traditions of the naval services are passed from generation to generation of service members by these sea stories as told and retold by old salts. Sea stories may be truthful, half-truths, or falsehoods, however they always enhance the reputations of naval and Marine units, or individuals.
I never met David Luckenbach in person, but your accont of that etymology would sum up the person I'd met over the internet. The Dave I came to know, mostly through the Sailing Texas web site, was a great promotor of sailing's every aspect.

Back