Newbie Sail hoisting question

I have a new to me Mod 3. When I rigged it for the first time today, I can get the mainsail up to only a foot below the top of the mast. I think it should go up a other 6 inches or so because there's at least that much slack in the luff edge of the sail.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

I have a new to me Mod 3. When I rigged it for the first time today, I can get the mainsail up to only a foot below the top of the mast. I think it should go up a other 6 inches or so because there's at least that much slack in the luff edge of the sail.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.
I bought a can of track lub at West Sail and sprayed it in the mast and boom groove. Seems to have helped.

Instead of the expenses of a can of track lube just try rubbing a bar of Ivory soap on the ropes that slides in the grooves. The bar of soap works good on zippers that are out in the weather to.

Usually wrapping the main halyard around the cleat one turn on the base and then pulling (perpendicular) on the halyard like a bow and arrow will leverage it up the last bit. Also, you should make sure the main sheet is uncleated and the boom vang is loose.

Back