New Youtube Video

Watched it again this morning now I'm fully awake.

Just one comment, that you've probably seen yourself by now:

You're a little over trimmed in the main dept. May not make too much difference speed wise in that kind of wind, but if there are heavier gusts you'll lose a fair bit in weather helm, boom tripping and boat heeling.

When she's going flat out perfectly balanced, the helm will feel like it's hardly there. No drag whatsoever. Everything turns into acceleration.

Dunno how you feel about telltails, but you could think about putting some in the luff area. When you popped over the powerboat wake it looked like you came up too far and the speed dropped off.

and yeah, like the other guy said, post some footage in an onshore with some surfing waves! :cool:

Yeah-waves. Once I was surfing at Ditch Plains in Montauk on my heavy old longboard. There was this windsurfer who took every wave he liked no matter where it was, he'd just go there, match it's speed, speed up out of it and go around and take another. Could WE do that? There are many times in Long Island when there's a bar, and it would be easy to launch. And the wind is very very steady. When you have a clean offshore, it's glass for a half mile with wind at 6 ft.

Watched it again this morning now I'm fully awake.

Just one comment, that you've probably seen yourself by now:

You're a little over trimmed in the main dept. May not make too much difference speed wise in that kind of wind, but if there are heavier gusts you'll lose a fair bit in weather helm, boom tripping and boat heeling.

When she's going flat out perfectly balanced, the helm will feel like it's hardly there. No drag whatsoever. Everything turns into acceleration.

Dunno how you feel about telltails, but you could think about putting some in the luff area. When you popped over the powerboat wake it looked like you came up too far and the speed dropped off.

and yeah, like the other guy said, post some footage in an onshore with some surfing waves! :cool:

I was watching and thinking he deserved praise rather than criticism, then I realised who it was.

Salty has won a trio of national titles and done the Youth Worlds - he can't be sailing too badly!

Back