New Rules

Matwing

As in most classes that have withstood the test of time, the Laser class is trying to improve. I think that what they did was a good idea, trying to modify the boat for the better. Unfortunately, they`ve restricted the hardware to do it by limiting major fittings to ones that must be supplied by a dealer instead of specifying a type of fitting to be used. The prices charged for the 3 pieces of hardware in question are far beyond their use on the boat. I made a similar fitting on my J24 with a pivoting cleat to ajust my cunningham for 10% of what they`re charging for a Harken or Holt Vang fitting! What a ripoff! Matwing :mad:

If there is only one part you're allowed to use and only one person making it, then they can charge whatever they want.

All the blocks and lines are being sold at the normal price - it is the deck plates and vang units that are over-priced.

In theory, we should get competition between the Holt and Harken vang units but they are sold at the same (high) price by the manufacturers (mainly.)

Back