Neverending Laser Thread

Discussion in 'Laser Talk' started by gouvernail, Jun 17, 2007.

1. Merrily

Merrily Administrator Staff Member

Man, when I saw that mispelling of the world "world" by Bradley, I knew someone would pounce on it, just like my dog. But back to Lasers.

2. gouvernail

gouvernail Active Member

Laser number 101 the first production Laser finally left my yard last weekend. megan took it to her new house on the Pedernales river leg of lake travis.
    Megan is the person who manages WP.org. She originally set up our pay your dues on line website in 2002 and in exchange I fixed up her Laser so it can sail again.

If I got to second base with Megan her hubby and my wife would each kill me at least twice.

What ever happened to the "Do it on a Laser" bumper stickers?

3. Rob B

Rob B Active Member

What ever happened to the "Do it on a Laser" bumper stickers?[/QUOTE]

My dog ate mine.

4. bjmoose

bjmoose Member

My dog's too old to go sailing. I sailed my laser with my three year old daughter. She said "whee!" when a 6mph puff moved the boat. (In contrast to Shoreline Lake, which gets lots of wind, Lake Vasona hardly ever gets any.) After 10 minutes, she was done and ready to get off. The ride lasted at least twice as long as a kiddie carnival ride.

I introduced a new guy to laser racing last night. He's now vowed to sell his Banshee, buy a Laser, and start coming out for the Wednsday nights at Shoreline.

Starts at Shoreline Lake are weird. In contrast to the line luffing battle you expect in a dinghy start, you get 10-12 little-keelboat-like lasers all manuevering and jostling about, half speed or better, all trying to time the line and hit it with speed. Laser-Vanderbilt-Start is a funny word.

5. jamesfreedman

jamesfreedman New Member

I seem to be better at executing port tack approaches then the Laser-tm-vanderbilt-start.

6. LooserLu

LooserLu LooserLu

Nice idea gouv, to create this thread.
    If I have more time than now, I have to have a look at our old photo albums. Since over 50 years, the family-dogs (not only the human ones ... |O| ) followed us, in our family, if we decided to sail, already since we had sailable folding canoes.

By the way: Steve Cockerill, the UK Laser professional, already has an ebay-store for sailing clothes for dogs at the UK. Gouv, perhaps you make an exclusive-franchise-contract with him, to officially offer his "builder supplied"-products for (Laser-)sailing dogs at NA - I guess, perhaps you get real rich 2nd time by selling those goods ;) ...

http://stores.ebay.de/roostersailingltd/Rooster-Dogs.html

Cheers...
    LooserLu

7. gouvernail

gouvernail Active Member

Do Kitties have more fun chasing yarn telltales or telltales made from old cassette tape?

8. Ross B

Ross B Guest

yarn, its easier to grip

and the cassette ones look stupid, and a waste of perfectly good music!

9. Chainsaw

Chainsaw Brmmm Brmmm

The trouble with using your old man's cassette tape for tell tails is that in a strong enough breeze you can hear the music again as it passes over the telltail.

Nothing more infuriating than beating to windward to the voice of Nana Mouskori

This will make you hike harder just to get away from it:

http://www.blogmusik.net/?urlIdSong=31510

10. Ross B

Ross B Guest

that sounds rather nice actually

11. jamesfreedman

jamesfreedman New Member

Yeah that would be great to listen to when it is nuking. Makes my adrenalin flow...

12. Chainsaw

Chainsaw Brmmm Brmmm

People please, have some discretion!

13. Pippa

Pippa New Member

my daddy is teaching me to sail. i dont know what kind of bote it is. its for 2 people. i know how to spell boat. i think its a stoopid way to spell and I like bote better. i can talk better than this. i have to pick words i can spell. it was'nt very windy. daddy did'nt want to scare me.

14. Merrily

Sweetie, you'll fit right in here.

15. gouvernail

gouvernail Active Member

For the first time in the last five years I have fewer than 10 Lasers in my yard.

When writing how many Lasers are still here should I include the "ought" digit?

16. Merrily

Well that would be quaint. (I know you want to know this--it's spelled aught.)

17. jamesfreedman

jamesfreedman New Member

Is the E Bunny racing this weekend? Fred you really should have sailed the Seabrook regatta, we ended up having some wind.

18. gouvernail

gouvernail Active Member

My Laser racing is restricted to our Wednesday night local series for the short term.
    Our new vicious nasty alert shop security officer needs more attention than I can shove off on my other half.

Onthe bright side? last Friday he carefully checked the inside of one of the arms on the shop couch and did not rest until he was positive no evil entities were hiding inside..

The cushions are still solid so the U of Oklahoma and Oklahoma State Sailing teams should have a place to stay in the fall.

http://schrothfiberglass.com/images/guard%20dog%20June%202007.jpg