Need trailer and centerboard

Discussion in 'Capri/Catalina 14 Classified Ads' started by jirick, Jun 28, 2004.

1. jirick

jirick New Member

Hi I just inherited a capri 14.2 and need a trailer for it. Does anyone know where to find one. Preferably, used and cheap, but I will consider all options. Also, there is no centerboard. Can I make this or buy it from someone. Thanks for the help. John

2. blubalou

blubalou New Member

Did you eventually find a trailer? If so, where and how much did it cost you? I may soon buy a Capri, but I need a trailer for it.

3. Lark

Lark New Member

Dealer

When I bought my C14.2, the dealer also had a used boat that I looked at the trailer was in rotten shape. He said he could get a new trailer for $800. Seemed like a pretty good price. Here's the page for these trailers

http://www.sportsmantrailers.com/products.htm

You could do better with a used one, but personally, I've spent too much time hacksawing off trailer parts and trying to find bearings etc.

4. Ed Jones

Ed Jones Secretary/Vice Commodore Staff Member

Need trailer

Blubalou - I saw that you're in San Diego. So am I. Last night I just happened to be talking with our dry storage guy here at Mission Bay Yacht Club. He was telling me about a surplus Capri 14.2 trailer that was sort of abandoned here at the club. It needs work and has to be registered, but you could probably buy from the club real cheap. If you'll e-mail me (ed@capri14.org) I'll give you his name and number.

5. smogman

smogman New Member

trailer

have capri trailer, buddy bearing, spare, new pivot wheel and jack , crurent reg. asking 300 bryan 619-246-8873,san diego