Need Hardware

Discussion in 'Sunfish Wanted Ads' started by Mark Tracy, Sep 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mark Tracy

Mark Tracy New Member

I just got a very old Sunfish this summer. Sailed it a bit, but it needs restoring. I'm looking for the newer style rudder assembly for a conversion. I could buy a whole other used but complete sunfish for the price they want for a new conversion kit. Anyone have some used parts laying around? Just the hardware will be fine. I'm planning to make a new rudder and daggerboard myself.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2013
  2. sailcraftri

sailcraftri Well-Known Member

Contact me at cjo1023 at yahoo-dot-com. I have parts. Located in Rhode Island.

3. David Diamond

David Diamond New Member

I have an older sunfish that is missing its rudder and daggerboard. I also was planning on making my own, but I need the hardware. Will you be doing anything with your old ones?

4. steve strickler

steve strickler New Member

I have all of the old style hardware for sale posted in the sunfish for sale forum

5. Lash

Lash New Member

I just acquired an old Sunfish as well (June '14) & don't want to cannibalize our Sailfish for parts. Wondering if you got around to changing out the rudder & if so would you be interested in selling the bronze castings off the hull? Have a bottom piece, but need the top casting and spring plate (I can get the bolt & pin). Thanks, Bill N.

6. steve strickler

steve strickler New Member

I have the whole set of brass including all hull and rudder fittings with rudder cowell. I want 100.00 for the set.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 23, 2014
  7. Alan S. Glos

Alan S. Glos Active Member

Lash,

I havr all manner of vintage bronze and brass Sunfish hardware (see my recent For Sale ad here on the Sunfish Forum.) I would sell you a nice deck plate and spring plate for $45 + $5.70 for USPS Flat Rate shipping. E-mail me at: aglos@colgate.edu if interested.

Alan Glos
    Cazenovia, NY

8. Orrin Webber

Orrin Webber New Member

Do you still have any old style rudder parts? Orrin

9. sailcraftri

sailcraftri Well-Known Member

I have parts available, cjo1023 at yahoo-dot-com.

10. Alan S. Glos

Alan S. Glos Active Member

Yes, e-mail at: aglos@colgate.edu and tell me what you need. At this writing I have almost all old style (pre-1972) Sunfish rudder hardware.

Alan Glos
    Cazenovia, NY

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.