Main Sail Cover

sstewart

Does anyone know where I can get a main sail cover for a Capril 14.2? I have looked but all I am finding are covers that are way too big. The Capri's boom is only about 8' long and I am seeing covers in the 25' range. Any suggestions?

sailortailor website's down

Well, that's what I get for being helpful. It looks like they've failed to reregister the domain name and the site's gone Anybody got traditonal smail mail/phone contact info?

Does the boat sit in the water? Why not get a full cover instead or just don't leave that expensive main sitting on the boom?:)

Mainsail Cover

Richard,

Thanks for the reply.To answer your question, I have the boat on a lift and both the main and the jib have only about 1/2 their life left in them. The jib is roller reefed and exposed ( I am trying to rig a cover for it too) but I have a cabin that is at the top of a big hill that requires dragging everything up and down for every sail. Covering the main would just save me carrying one thing.

Scott.

Try contacting this company, they have lots of used that may work www.minneysyachtsurplus.com . Another thought is many at the club that sail C14.2 boats roll the main on the boom off the mast, then just lay the whole thing in the boat and use a mast up cover leaving the rudder , tiller, etc.. in the boat under the cover. Just a thought....:)

Back