Wanted: Main and jib sails

Discussion in 'Capri/Catalina 14 Classified Ads' started by Monomania, Mar 5, 2011.

1. Monomania

Monomania New Member

My sails are falling apart and I need to find some new or very good used sails. I have the classic 3 color sails with pink, purple and blue. Does anyone out there have an extra set lying around?:

2. acwku

acwku New Member

I know you posted this a long time ago, but I will have a set of sails in very good shape in the colors you want. Are you still interested in a set?

3. Monomania

Monomania New Member

My sails are now being held together by some colorful duct tape. So yes, I am still interested in new sails or near new. We had the boat out alot this summer on Lake Erie. It was a good sailing season.

4. acwku

acwku New Member

Please give me a call to discuss this. You can reach me at two seven zero 991 two two nine four. Thanks, Alan

5. acwku

acwku New Member

I have a good set of sails if you are interested. They are the color you want and are in great condition. Please ontact me, it will be sailing season before you know it.

Alan

6. c14_JDS

c14_JDS New Member

I need a set of Sails for a 94 mod 2 I think.

7. acwku

acwku New Member

I have a great set off of my 94 model that has not been sailed in ten years. Multicolor pink, purble, and aqua with hank-on jib. Then are in very good shape. If you want to call my cell number is 270-991-two two nine four.

8. Mike E

Mike E New Member

Will Mod 2 Sails fit a Mod 1 Boat? If so and these sails are available I might be interested. Thanks

9. acwku

acwku New Member

Sorry, these were sold several weeks ago.

10. WaterDawg

WaterDawg Member

I have a set of Racing Sails for sale.
    Jib is for a Roller Furling and has the Luff wire on it.
    Asking $400 for the set. Let's talk.

11. Mike E

Mike E New Member

I am interested; do you have any Pics with the wind on the sails? Why do you wish to part with them? Thanks for your inquiry.

12. WaterDawg

WaterDawg Member

This is the best I can do for you.
    but here is the original link with all the pictures:
    http://sailingforums.com/threads/racing-sails.29176/
    When I bought the boat it came with a set of Racing Sails and Rainbow Sails.
    I don't race and love the colors. Figured someone else could use the racing sails or just a set of sails in general.

I switched the Main first and then once I found out that the yellow jib was NOT a hank on, but actually had a luff wire in it, I switched that too.

SloSails rated the sails via Hi Res pictures (as I have linked you too) and they were the ones who told me about the yellow jib.

IMAG3388.jpg Rainbow Color Main.jpg IMAG3387.jpg

Last edited: Sep 27, 2013
  13. WaterDawg

WaterDawg Member

added link to all the hi res pictures

14. Mike E

Mike E New Member

Hello again, Thanks for the Pics; however, they are not a lot of help. Condition of the sails is very important to me. I have a set of very rough sails currently. It would not be hard to find a good set of used sail that are better then those I have now. Where are you located? If possible I would like to get a look at them before I commit. If you are not close by perhaps you have a local sailing club of sail shop that could provide me an assessment of there condition. please let me know if you are OK with having an independent review of your sails. I live in the San Francisco bay area, South Bay. Many thanks, Mike E.

15. WaterDawg

WaterDawg Member

I'm OK with an independent review, but did you click on my link? There are many close ups of the sails. Those pictures, (the ones in the link, not attached above) are sent to SloSails and evaluated.

I'm in Vermont. I have no problem shipping them to a sailing club or sail maker of your choice, but you need to pay for shipping there and back - or to you, but first I'd visit the thread where I posted them for sale and view the links with Hi Res pictures.