Looking for sailing spots, Bay area, Ca.

novanoon

Hello, I've recently purchased and restored a pre 71 sunfish to learn to sail. I've sailed on Lake Berryessa for a few hours, and in suisun city harbor for a couple hours. I live in Suisun city, ca. I'd like to become involved with any appropriate sailing groups in my area, if there are any. But, the internet isn't being very helpful. Are there any sailing groups in the SF bay area I could meet up with? My entire sailing experience so far has consisted of reading "the small-boat sailors's bible" by hervey garret smith, "sailing fundamentals" by Gary Jobson, which I purchased at a Good Will store for 3 dollars, and about 7 hours of on water practice. Which went very well thanks to the aforementioned books. Well, if anyone is in the area and would like to meet up, they can email me at [email protected] . BTW, berryessa had pretty light, but very consistent winds at the north end, and suisun city harbor area was gusty, and generally a pain to sail in. But, I plan to mak a day of trying to reach Grizzly bay soon anyway.
Later, Nova noon

Back