Looking for Mast Cap

Discussion in 'Capri/Catalina 14 Classified Ads' started by ClamdiggerShuck, Apr 16, 2009.

1. ClamdiggerShuck

ClamdiggerShuck New Member

Anyone got a mastcap? Does it even require a mastcap? I can look right down the top of my mast?

Thanks,
    I'm a newbie

2. dencrepeau

dencrepeau New Member

Mast cap

..I can look down the top of my mast, too... at least to where that expanding foam was put in, just below the halyard sheave.. it's a 1990 model.

3. FIBI

FIBI New Member

Mast Cap

I have a 1987 Mod 1, I've owned it for 3 years and to the best of my knowledge the 14.2's do not have a mast cap. I've rigged a Baby Bob mast float to the top of mine. Hope this helps. Anthony

4. fan

fan Member

There is no stock cap for the top of the C14.2 mast.

5. treehugger

treehugger New Member

Just adding my 2 cents. 1989 with no mast cap.
    (I bought mine used last summer and always wondered if there should be a cap, so this thread answered a question for me as well. Thank You)

6. SHNOOL

SHNOOL Member

far as I know there is no mast cap... just a sheave in the top and spray foam below that. 1986 Capri 14.2

#392 New Member

Mast cap?

There isn't supposed to be a cap, but peek in there with a flashlight and you SHOULD see that there is a urethane barrier about a foot down, below that is styrene foam. It's there to keep your mast from filling up with water when you're knoched down.