Looking for a Phantom rudder

Discussion in 'Sunfish Wanted Ads' started by baseman, Jun 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. baseman

baseman On the Water

I don't need any of the hardware, I'm just looking for the blade. If anyone knows where I can find one, let me know.

2. luiz2006

luiz2006 Member

may you can find it in sunfishsailboatparts.com

3. tag

tag my2fish

I looked for the OP - I don't see any Phantom rudders on your site.

4. luiz2006

luiz2006 Member

5. Jim Smith

Jim Smith New Member

I had a carpenter just make one based on the old one. But it split again. I am thinking of casting one from epoxy. I suppose if I do that, I can make two and sell you one. Would you be interested? In the alternative, replace the whole system, including gudgeon with a sunfish model. I don't know what other people think, but I never liked the phantom rudder and I think it slows the boat down. anyone else have thoughts on this?

6. baseman

baseman On the Water

I might be interested, depending on the cost.
    I don't have any experience with a 'real' Phantom rudder. The one I'm using came from an unknown boat. I cut it down and shaped it similar to the original based on dimensions given to me by a Phantom owner.

7. herbaker

herbaker Member

Hi
    I recently had one made of mahogany for $75.00 Contact me if you still need one
    Herb

8. baseman

baseman On the Water

Herb, I could make a rudder myself, but i don't have an original to use as a template.
    I should get a chance to look at one next week. I reshaped the one I have based on pictures, I should be able to see how close I came when I see one in person, but I'll keep this in mind.

9. John Frazee

John Frazee New Member

I know this is old but worth a try. I believe it is the same as the Sunfish? If I am correct then I can sell you a fiberglass one for $130. More then the wood but it won't crack or need refinishing.

10. baseman

baseman On the Water

John, the Sunfish rudder is not even close in design to a Phantom rudder. I did find one locally. If I get a chance, I'll post a picture.

11. tasar

tasar Member

Hi.......we race these great boats....I have several, came in phenolic plastic and wood......make an offer please Also have hardware, fittings, and dagger boards for these boats
    post me back direct acat40@gmail.com

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.