Life in the NZ

Chainsaw

Brmmm Brmmm
I agree with this, you can build it, but I mean honestly, stop wasting your time, and just save money, and go buy the real bloody thing, and you know you will have a dependable product, if you build a cheap one, your just gonna have a cheap piece of junk, the reason their expensive is because of their quality.

in the meantime you can always borrow other people's dolly's, or use club dolly's

http://www.apsltd.com/Tree/d90000/e87812.asp

Out here in the pacific we would use No.8 Fencing wire and Gran’s old galv’ washtub. This kind of situation carried on until the early 1980’s when our long standing Prime Minister failed to retain his position and Free Market Economics rushed in like a Robber’s Dog.

Back in the pioneering days, a mere 150 years ago, there were no banks, work, or food in the bush and a guy had to make do. It was still expensive even then because everything had to be shipped on backorder 6 – 9 months from Old Blighty. Not much has changed since then.

In 2002 I made a damn fine boat dolly out of an old washing line. It came pre galv’d, as washing lines do out here, and I designed it to be so well balanced that even the Japs would be envious of how little energy it took to push it.

I bet if Uffa Fox was still alive he would fit in well here, shooting rabbits and picking blackberries for dinner, while designing the next International 14 in his bathtub.

Ross, about the PCC's. Follow your own advise. Need money? Get a job or ask the parents. Actually, you're going to need to get used to asking for money if you have any hopes of mounting any kind of serious olympic thing. Same goes for school/schedule. I once got my mid-term dates changed so I could sail chi-mac. Again, if you're gonna do olympics scheduling is going to be paramount as well. If you're in good enough shape to surf you can hang well in the Laser.

Back