Class Politics Laser Worlds 2006...3 USA Entrants?

Two more signed up!! I feel a lot better now!!

Personally?? I am rooting for Brad Funk to go win the thing.

Fred, I think you forgot this link: http://www.laser.org/latest/worlds-qualification-rules-4.php

Our original allocation is full. I bet that when Jeff Martin returns from the Radial Worlds that they will begin the "re-allocation" process (ie giving more berths to those who want them).

People should look at the Grand Prix ranking list and look to see if they are in line below the people who have already qualified (see http://www.laser.org/static/2006 Grand Prix Laser.htm). As I type this, Conner Higgins is the last person on this list to qualify, so start looking there. If you want to go and are near the top you need to tell Sherri that you want to go AND be ready to commit (meaning pay your money) when (and if) she gets an entry code.

Tracy

Tracy's comment below mentions being ready. Just before the worlds, things shake loose in a big hurry. Sometimes we get an offer for a spot we can fill with just a day to decide. If you are near the top of the list you should take some time and do a little of the footwork now. You need to figure out NOW whether you can go or not and be ready to answer immediately if Sherri gives you that call.
1. If you will be passing on the opportunoity and already know that. Just tell he NOW!! RIGHT NOW!! The guy below you deserves to know he is a the top of the list!!!

also::
a. Make certain Sherry has the very best phone number for you. And the second and third best too. In 2002 I had to call traveling down the highway Trevor's Mom who (lucky for him) accepted his spot and paid for it and arranged the plane ticket before I caught him at a regatta in San Francisco and handed him my cell phone to "call Mom!!"
b. If the phone call comes, You may not have much time
c. If you take a long time deciding you totally screw the next guy below you by either forcimg hi to decide on even less time or worse making the spot go to someone outside North America.

be ready for the call!!

SFBayLaser said:
People should look at the Grand Prix ranking list and look to see if they are in line below the people who have already qualified (see http://www.laser.org/static/2006%20Grand%20Prix%20Laser.htm). As I type this, Conner Higgins is the last person on this list to qualify, so start looking there. If you want to go and are near the top you need to tell Sherri that you want to go AND be ready to commit (meaning pay your money) when (and if) she gets an entry code.

Tracy

Just a quick update... ILCA has informed Sherri that they will have extra berths available at the Laser Worlds so we should be able to get several more sailors in. If you are within reasonable range of the next position on the Grand Prix list you need to let Sherri know NOW that you want to go so she can request the spot, go through the list to make sure the people above you don't want to go, get the entry code, etc.

Also, note that entry to the Masters' Worlds closes August 12. If you are thinking about doing that event you need to get your entry in asap!

Back