Laser photos as monitor desktop backgrounds

D

drLaser

Regarding the exciting Lasering images in various web sites to be used as your "desktop wallpaper" (or the background image of your monitor)...

Goonie:

They are actually of limited use for being used as backgrounds.

You will need to enlarge them, sharpen them and retouch them as
necessary. Otherwise, they will look too grainy when your computer auto-enlarges the image to the size of your monitor. If you want to do it right, it may take 1 to 6 hours using a high-end photo editing software.

Alternatively, you can contact the photographer noted and ask for (or buy) a higher resolution version, if they have it.

Whatever you do, do not make any use of any image for other than "personal use" without the artist's approval.

Shevy

Actually if you are using Windows 98 SE or later you can set the image to be centered on the page, and it will not stretch the image, thus making it a 30 sec process. I change the background often sometimes laser pictures sometimes others. You will need to choose a back ground color for the page that covers the area the picture doesn't cover. This is in the Display >>> Appearances I believe.

Best,

Yeah the picture I use as my backround did not become bigger, it just centered itself and it stayed the same size as it was on the website!

Goonie

Back