Laser Package for sale

Discussion in 'Laser For Sale Ads' started by LongIslandDan, Nov 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LongIslandDan

LongIslandDan New Member

Price:
    Last June (2007) I bought my son a 1984 Laser. I got it from the original owner -- an older man who had only used it a dozen times at most. The boat is in fantastic condition. The only minus is that the blue hull has faded areas because it was stored upside down and exposed to sunlight.

The boat came with a full size mast, sail, and original manual. I bought all new top of the line rigging, a Laser bag to hold centerboard and rudder, a radial boom, new radial sail (no numbers on it yet), blue canvas sunbrella cover, and red plastic things that hold masts for easy transporting. My son, who used to sail optis, and was in a summer sailing program, sailed the boat one time. Then he went to skateboard camp and broke his ankle. I also purchased a new galvanized trailer that has never been in the water. I also have an excellent trailer dolly.

I kept the boat this summer thinking my son might show some interest, but all he likes to do is skateboard.

I'm willing to sell the package for $3,250.

e-mail me: dan@danwagner.com

2. sailchtm

sailchtm New Member

Wondering if the radial sail will be sold separately? Is there a radial lower mast section with the boat that is available for purchase?
    Thanks, Ryan
    rmchorney743@hawks.rwu.edu

3. LongIslandDan

LongIslandDan New Member

Here's a link to the photos of the boat, trailer, dolly, and more: http://www.danwagner.com/1984Laser/index.htm

Not shown: paperwork, some small spare parts, full size sail. The Radial sail is new. The full size one is original to the boat.

4. LongIslandDan

LongIslandDan New Member

Are you able to see the photos?

5. 4000

4000 New Member

The link to the photos works.
    The photos are well put together too.

6. LongIslandDan

LongIslandDan New Member

Thank you.

7. LongIslandDan

LongIslandDan New Member

A few people e-mailed me asking if the trailer comes with the boat. Yes, the glavanized new trailer, seitech dolly, masts for full and radial, boat, sails, etc -- everything is included. Please see photos.

8. gordo

gordo New Member

i saw the pics and feel i should add in that for trailering you should also tie the boat down on the front section and back section across the boat. the boweye is not all that strong and might now hold the boat on the highway

9. LongIslandDan

LongIslandDan New Member

Hi Gordo,

Yes, I agree -- for trailering I would secure the boat completely. But when not trailering, I don't want to subject the laser to unnecessary pressure.

I have two people interested in my boat. One is coming between Dec 17-22.

I can't stress how nice the laser is.

10. LongIslandDan

LongIslandDan New Member

Okay, the boat package is still available. I had a few people coming to my area for Xmas/New Years, but due to the previous snow storm and today's snow, they won't be able to make it. I know the first person who's sees the boat will take it. It's in excellent condition.

11. rhartt

rhartt Member

I also saw the pics and feel I should add that when trailering the boat it should be attached to an automobile. If you need any more obvious advice, sit tight as its likely on the way ;)
    Seriously though, nice looking boat at a good price!

12. beaker

beaker hi

I was going to add that to sail the boat as designed you should use water. Preferably large and slightly deep.

13. LongIslandDan

LongIslandDan New Member

I'm including a bucket of water with the boat. There's a sticker on the trailer that says, "attach car here."

14. LongIslandDan

LongIslandDan New Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.