Laser outhaul sleeve/clew thingy.

Discussion in 'Laser Talk' started by raymie, Jun 16, 2008.

1. Sailorchick

Sailorchick Member

You're more than welcome. I've been using them for years now and have never had a problem with them. Last for ages and work really well.

2. brotherkeen

brotherkeen New Member

I have the metal sleeve and it works perfectly for me. Much less friction than a strap and faster to hook and unhook. I think it's the best way to go.

3. raymie

raymie New Member

Yes, i like the way its easier to hook and unhook, but it works for a while then sticks either out or in, hopeless! And thats with lube. Gimme a rooster clew strap any day. R.

4. raymie

raymie New Member

Also it will depend what kind of sailing you are doing, if its salt water you sail in like i do they seem to jam and if its puddle sailing they dont so it must be something to do with the salt air. R.

5. Al Black

Al Black New Member

I've heard that they REALLY don't like capsizing, especially just after the start!

By the way, I've just made my boat a teensy bit faster with a little bit of spending, details on the beach!

:D;):cool:

Al.

6. raymie

raymie New Member

A teensy bit faster you say? Mmhh, sabotage is always an option. :p

7. raymie

raymie New Member

If anyone wants a laser outhaul sleeve drop me a pm, i will trade for a carbon tiller extension. :)

8. Al Black

Al Black New Member

Will you be surprised if I say No Thanks? But only cos I don't have a carbon tiller to trade! ;)

9. captainJack987

captainJack987 New Member

Carbon tiller for a out haul sleeve no way thats like a 150 dollar difference.

10. bjmoose

bjmoose Member

I think you need to recalibrate your irony detector. :rolleyes:

11. raymie

raymie New Member

Are you sure you dont want to upgrade from your bit of rope clew strap to a nice shiny clew sleeve that dont work. :) Don't think these boys know what trade means!? :confused:

12. Al Black

Al Black New Member

String forever!

;):):D

13. 49208

49208 Tentmaker

I'll trade you a broken carbon extension for your "complete piece of s**t and jams constantly clew thingy" ;)

14. raymie

raymie New Member

Your on!! a piece of sh*t for a piece of sh*t, sounds like a fair exchange. :)

15. raymie

raymie New Member

16. madyottie

madyottie Apprentice

whats with all the problems? I got the first one of these into the UK which I had ordered long before they arrived here, and only ever had it jam up once. simple to put on once I'd read the instructions, easy to use, ultra quick to rig, and slides better than anything I've used before.

I'd suggest a good PTFE lubricant, rather than silicone, as it doesn't seem to mind getting wet so much.

Oh, and I sail in salty, brown water, with big waves, so it gets immersed quite a bit, but never sticks.

I'll happily take these if anyone has some they could'nt get to grips with.... I have a few spare booms, and friends that want them!

17. raymie

raymie New Member

You are more than welcome to the other one i have left ( i cut the first one up) if you want to buy it? Its a laser item and is as new, i certainly wont be using it again. :rolleyes: