laser and laser 2 trollies interchangeable?

boatchrisb

Hi folks

I've just bought a Laser.
I've got a Laser 2 with a really good gunwale hung trolly and comby trailer. The singlehander has a far more awkward comby trailer.
I'm off to the club tommorow to test sail the new boat and bring the old one home to be sold. Are the hulls similarly enough shaped to swap the 2 trollies and trailers over? (for complex logistic reasons it will be handy to know before i set-out!).

Thanks

Chris

laser II is wider so if your dolly has a fixed bow position and uses side posts it may not fit too well. If your dolly does not have a fixed front post but uses rear side posts it may fit but balance could be out. If your dolly does not use fixed front and side posts (i.e. supports the boat underneath with padded forms) you may be in with a chance.

Could possibly modify a fixed front and side post dolly to be adjustable to both but complexity depends on whether the dolly is 'A' frame (Triangular planform) or single centre beam style like Seitech. Might rig adjustable (extendable) front post position so side posts can contact the Laser II further aft where its beam approximates that of the Laser standard. Not sure how this would ballance though.

Back