Laser® Sailing Calendar

Discussion in 'Laser Talk' started by IntensitySails, Jan 4, 2010.

1. IntensitySails

IntensitySails Member

I have wanted to make a laser calendar for some time. I just found the LULU.com site where you can upload images and for a very reasonable price they print a calendar. I do not have 12 great Laser images. If any one has a great image(s) they are OK with other people using here is the site;

http://www.lulu.com/publish/calendars/?cid=publish_portal

It can be done where people can buy the calendar for as little as $12.50 if there is no cost for the images. The class could put together a calendar that would pay the class some profit too.

Anyone interested? Ideas?

BTW I would put a link on intensitysails.com to the calendar but no profits would be going to me.

2. Kratos

Kratos Member

I was going to say $12.50 is a little steep until I looked at the one on my wall and it was $15. Wtf?

I'd price it at like $10 even.

Even then, I can't believe any calender is over $5.

3. Krycek

Krycek Member

I'd buy one Jim.... suprise suprise, right? lol....

4. JohnG

JohnG New Member

I'd buy one.

5. mikescott

mikescott Member

I'd get one too!

6. LooserLu

LooserLu LooserLu

???
    What do you want to express with your last sentence?

12,5 US$ for a calendar is really cheap. Really good calendars with sailing motives here I not get under 30 Euro (1 Euro is about 1,5 US$).

Even, if I buy a "prototype calendar" for to add own printed out photos does cost in minimum 12 to 20 Euro, plus the costs for printing out the own photos, plus glue etc.

Is the shortcut "Wtf" really the diplomatic/fair way to answer to someone of TLF, that also is a TLF-sponsor (and he pays to TLF for that you are able to write "wtf" here in this forum without paying entry fees) and additionally this member never has done something to anyone here.

Jim, thanks for your interesting hint. Last year, begining of 2009, the youth Laserites of my the state in the district I'm living in, did it in the same way like you did advise, but not for such cheap 12,50 (Euro) ...
    For 2010 it is a bit late, but I'm looking forward for probably a high gloss "Intensity Sails"-2011-Laser-Calendar with awesome great photos of Mattias Cappizzano ... :)

Have fun

LooserLu

7. groove

groove New Member

I would buy one

8. JackB

JackB New Member

I'll buy one

9. Kratos

Kratos Member

To be fair, Lu, the "wtf" was not directed at him at all. It was simply an expression of the surprise that the Sailing World calender I received for Christmas cost $15 (USD).

I guess my eyes have been opened to the world of calender pricing.

On a side note, Mattias is both a really nice guy and an incredible photographer. When he was riding with us at World's he showed us some incredible pictures he had on his iPhone.

10. Bungo Pete

Bungo Pete Member

I'm in...

11. IntensitySails

IntensitySails Member

If people are interested then we need 12 great laser images. Any ideas?

The way this works is that anyone can submit 12 images and then the printer then sells the calendar. They handle the whole thing. So if anyone has some great images they will donate for use in the calendar please post them here and if need be the forum can vote on the 12.

12. mackconsult

mackconsult Member

Look at the CGRA website and contact Sean Trew. He has some really good laser pictures that could be used.

13. martyn

martyn Member

I'd like one but do you think a calendar would survive shipping to the UK ?

As an aside fotoboat.com do class calendars if they get enough orders, plus they have their own photographers so getting the pictures would be no problem, of course most of the sails would have GBR on :)

14. gouvernail

gouvernail Active Member

Here ya go. Just downlaod it and print it out on your own printer. No way it costs a buck a sheet to make your own..It's already too late for January.. Two down 10 to go.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. gouvernail

gouvernail Active Member

16. gouvernail

gouvernail Active Member

17. gouvernail

gouvernail Active Member

18. gouvernail

gouvernail Active Member

19. gouvernail

gouvernail Active Member