King's Day Regatta Nov. 23 Florida YC - Crew Available

Discussion in 'Crew Wanted / Available' started by USA_1909, Oct 18, 2013.

1. USA_1909

USA_1909 New Member

I'm looking to crew for this year's King's Day Regatta. It's always one of my favorite events, and after taking a few months away from sailing, I'm anxious to travel again. Any leads are appreciated. Please forward to skippers who may be looking for crew.

For those who may not know me:

About Me:
    I'm 6'1" 195 lbs, 34 years old from Columbia, SC. I have 8 years of competitive J/24 racing experience and I can do any position on boat proficiently. As crew, I'm probably best utilized as a trimmer. I've got strong sailing fundamentals, I move around the boat well and I know what the boat needs to go fast upwind & down. As a tactician, I'm moderately strong. I have excellent knowledge of the rules and tactical fundamentals, and I am competent to call a race although there are certainly more talented tacticians in the fleet. Regardless, I'm very much at home in the 2 or 3 spot and if need be; and, I can also run the bow competently although it is no longer my preferred position on the boat.

Off the boat, I'm very personable and I get along well with others. On the boat I'm very competitive while racing and very laid back while not. I'm not afraid to hop onto any boat & I'm adaptable to pretty much any type of team.

Selected list of major J/24 regattas sailed:
    Easter Regatta - annually 2006 to present
    US Nationals 2008, 2009, 2011
    East Coast Championships: 2008-2010, 2012 (finished 33rd as skipper of USA 555)
    North Americans 2008, 2010, 2011
    Charleston Race Week annually 2007 to present
    District 8 Championships: Atlanta Cup, Charleston YC Open, etc. majority of events, 2008 - present
    Hampton Race Week 2008-2011

References:
    Selected list of former skippers & positions sailed for that boat include:
    Contact me directly for list

Contact Info:

Cell phone is EMAIL FOR NUMBER Call or text anytime with leads.

Thanks in advance, y'all. Hope to see you there.

Regards,
    Mays Dickey