J-24 Parts

Discussion in 'Equipment For Sale' started by Artssailboatstuff, Jan 15, 2017.

1. Artssailboatstuff

Artssailboatstuff New Member

City:
    Cape Cod
    State:
    Massachusetts
    Cost:
    Varies
    I have a J-24 to part out. Hope to follow-up with a complete list of parts but for now, most items on an early competitive boat are available including complete rig with running and standing rigging, rudder and tiller, deck hardware, even a single axle trailer. Please get in touch with your needs and I can send photos and condition of each item. Thanks, Art 508-360-4691

2. Big Sandwich

Big Sandwich New Member

Art, I have a circa 1982 J24, #3603, and am looking for a similar year front hatch (current one is a black plastic 'Lewmar' type (not the fiberglass type of earlier models). Let me know when you get a chance. Also, any good sails?

3. pgJ24

pgJ24 New Member

Art,
    I am interested in the rudder. Paul at 703-618-4440.

4. billveno83

billveno83 New Member

Hi - Looking for a used J/24 Danforth (?) OEM-type bulkhead mounted compass. Or a recommendation for what other model/make oif compass would fit the ~5" hole.
    Please reply to: billveno83@gmail.com

5. ClassicScott

ClassicScott New Member

6. Artssailboatstuff

HI Big Sandwich, I have a "Lewmar" type lid on this J24. It is a black plastic hatch with aluminum ring, square, rounded corners. Let me know if you would like it. If so, how would you like to proceed? Art

7. Artssailboatstuff

HI Paul, not sure if we had a discussion on this a month or two ago. If so, my apologies for this duplicate reply. If not, yes, I have the rudder, can send you some photos. It is still on the boat. Please advise. (Sorry for delay, I've been away.) Art

8. Artssailboatstuff

HI Bill,
    Im afraid the compass has quite a bubble in it, which means its had some leak in it, which means it has to be rebuilt. Generally better off getting a new one. Perhaps someone can venture an appropriate replacement?

9. Big Sandwich

Big Sandwich New Member

Art, if you could send a photo easily enough, that would be appreciated. You may post it here or send to: r2arch at aol dot com
    Thanks in advance.
    I'm in Plymouth so could 'swing by' if it appears it would work/fit for me. I have #3603, a 1982.

10. Artssailboatstuff

We are just finishing up with 6 inches of wet snow. I cant snap a photo right now but will do so when I can, hopefully Monday. Looks like a Lewmar hatch to me, but I guess you should wait for the photo.

11. Artssailboatstuff

So heres a shot showing the hatch (not a great shot but I had taken it for another purpose. ) j241.JPG Incidentally, the keel was faired, rudder upgraded, was a competitive boat in the 41xx range, 1985.

12. Sail944

Sail944 New Member

Art,

Do you have the genoa cars/blocks? I'm also looking for a spinnaker launch bag if you have one. Thanks!

13. Artssailboatstuff

There's snow on the deck right now, but I believe I have both spin cars and launch bag aboard. Once again, Im gonna have to wait until snow gets off to grab them. ...and we are expecting another round tomorrow AM, hopefully Thursday for a determination if that works for you. Art

14. Sail944

Sail944 New Member

that would be great. Thanks!

15. kailolo

kailolo New Member

Hi Art, can you lmk how much for a boom? As well, a jib winch on cabin top if you have one? I am in Hawaii so I'll have to figure best way to ship it here. Thx bstsurf at gmail

16. Artssailboatstuff

So I have the blocks/cars currently on the jib track. I am sure theres a spinnaker launch bag on board. Still blowin' stink and I dont want to go out there and climb under right now, but I do have what you need. If you want, you can PM me what you think would be a reasonable price. Thanks Sail944. Art

17. Sail944

Sail944 New Member

pm sent. Thanks Art!

18. Rlash

Rlash New Member

Hey Art, I'm looking for the old-style companionway hatch covers that slide horizontally. Any chance you have them? Thanks, Ryan.

19. Artssailboatstuff

Hi Ryan,
    Im attaching a photo of the companionway hatch boards. They appear to mount vertically. They are either lexan or acrylic with a teak trim piece for handling.
    DSCN3553.JPG

20. Rlash

Rlash New Member

Hey Art, Thanks for the photo! From that angle it does not look like a match. Here's a photo of what I'm looking for just to confirm:

[​IMG]

The doors that slide horizontally (the ones I'm looking for) slid off the back and out of the boat while trailering down the highway. I was able to save one, while the other met its match with a semi truck. :( The older style J24 companionway doors have a two door system that fit "over the top" of the cabin way.

Thanks,
    Ryan