J/24 1978 hull No 306

Discussion in 'J/24's For Sale' started by George Demet, May 15, 2013.

1. George Demet

George Demet New Member

1978 j/24 sailboat for sale. The boat is seaworthy and ready to sail. Needs some TLC to get it cleaned up. Hull number 306.

Make an offer. 1978 j boats j24 sailboat for sale 2.JPG 1978 j boats j24 sailboat for sale 2.JPG

Hull - good condition, never painted (original gelcoat). Keel needs some fairing for racing, ok for daysailing.
    Motor - good condition, 4 hp Evinrude, 2 cylinder liquid cooled may need to have the carb cleaned.
    Mast, boom, spinnaker pole - all ok.
    Sails - average condition, 3 sets (main, jib/genoa, and spinnaker), perfect for daysailing.
    Trailer - average condition. Tires are only 2 years old (less than 5 miles of wear). Needs new coupler and brakes need to be redone. Trailer is Melges aluminum (very desirable).

It has been dry sailed since 1988 when I bought it. Lifted by crane into the water each time it was sailed.

2. Rickwelch

Rickwelch New Member

Where is the boat located?

3. George Demet

George Demet New Member

I should have mentioned that! The boat is located in the northern suburbs of Chicago. It was dry sailed out of the Lake Forest beach since I bought the boat.

4. George Demet

George Demet New Member

Here are some additional pictures:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Tom Kane

Tom Kane New Member

If you still have the boat call Tom K at 210 313 7519.

6. Doc Filberth

Doc Filberth New Member

Greetings! Is your J24 still available? Would you take $3060.00? Contact me at 816-914-5872 or email at jibeho@rocketmail.com. thanks. Jim Filberth