Is it worth it?

Get it or not

• Keep the old vang, but add new deck cleats, cunny, and outhaul

Votes: 10 58.8%
  • Keep old outhaul (thimbled, 3:1), keep old cunny, buy new vang system

Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Add some blocks to the old outhaul and cunny, and buy a new vang system

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Add blocks to the old vang and buy the new outhaul/cunny system with deck cleats

• YES!!!

• NO!!!

• Total voters
G

Goonie

This is what the guy is offering me on the LAser II. Should I go for it, or is it a bad deal.

"Its in good condition...it was from the years LASER was making some very
nice hulls =)...on the deck there is a small area that has been
fiber-patched...I have though of cutting that area out to mount a storage
tube or the like...

One set of sails has only seen a season's use - the old sail could use some
repair...no harness, no spinnaker setup...this was never used as a racing boat!

I have no idea the conversion from US to American - I would take $1000 US
minimum including the trailer to sell it before the winter...once I store
it again, I will be raising the price for next sailing season =)

I just want to find a decent Laser to sail next year, without feeling like
I have to take someone with me to crew!

It is being stored in Havre de Grace, MD right now near the Chesapeake Bay...

Harnesses and Spinnaker equip can all be purchased through Backyard Boats,
and a variety of other great supply houses! $1000 US for a boat
w/equipment, sails, and GREAT trailer is quite a deal..."

anybody? Should I get this or a Laser I. Which is more fun?

ummm...k

sounds like a reasonalble deal but if you don't have crew then you're defeating the purpose. but if you have a best friend or something sure they're a blast!

ummm...k

your supposed to vote on it not post it. anywho the laser 2 is awesome but it is a handful for just yourself. i don't know what to vote. but as another point, there aren't that many fleets around so good laser 2 races may be hard to come by. good luck!

Hello Goonie,
Depends on whether or not you have someone with a curvacious figure in mind to help ya crew? A laser II, scantilly clad crew, loaded picnic basket, secluded cove or island... Tough decision.
But one unanswered question, do ya want to race man? If your looking to race and compete you gotta go with the full rig... And leave her a shore widow, or for casual sailing two is very cozy on a Laser... maybe too cozy. Hummmmm, or maybe two Laser's ;)
Either way get sailing....
Fair winds and Full sails,
Fishingmickey
150087/181157

Hey Gonnie,
Another thought is for that 1K you've got a boat you can turn around and sell for probably as much or darn close to it after ya find that sweet deal on a Laser full rig...
Happy New Year,
Fishingmickey
150087/181157

Goonie said:
anybody? Should I get this or a Laser I. Which is more fun?

I don't know about which is more fun, but a fellow at my club said that his Laser II capsizes very easily even with two. (maybe he's not a good sailor? :rolleyes: ) I don't think you could sail it alone unless there's just a light breeze. And what do you mean, the conversion from US to American? They are the same thing unless you've got some other meaning for US than United States. Just wondering. But yes $1000 for a boat in good condition, trailer and fairly new sails is a nice price.

Best wishes on the boat hunting.

Merrily

Please remmember, Goonie's initial post was on October 6, 2002. If he has't found a boat yet, I don't think anyone can help him :)

macwas16 said:
Please remmember, Goonie's initial post was on October 6, 2002. If he has't found a boat yet, I don't think anyone can help him :)

Whoops! :eek: We Laserites must be bored in our hibernation to be picking up old threads to play with.

Merrily said:
Whoops! :eek: We Laserites must be bored in our hibernation to be picking up old threads to play with.

You can say that again, this white stuff from the sky plays hell with my visibility during practice...

Back