iPad Anyone?

Discussion in 'The Dockhouse' started by Bradley, May 10, 2010.

1. joeleitz

joeleitz New Member

I completely agree, though the sad thing is apple will likely never do anything like that.
    They have some pretty oddball design decisions in their devices and software thats for sure.

2. powergroove

powergroove Member

A guy was keeping score on an Ipad this weekend at little league...I was impressed

• Like Like x 1
  3. wang888

wang888 New Member

Hopefully, my ID is safe. I guess if you login to the forum next week and its hacked we can blame AT&T.

I'm finding the iPad is a great iphone replacement. I switched over to the Driod after too many dropped calls or no service problems on AT&T in March. The Verizon service is great, but the phone doesn't surf the web like the apple products. I keep the iPad close by most of the time. Its great for waiting at DRs offices, DMV, traffic lights, etc. Its definitely not a laptop replacement though.

My most common tasks on the ipad are reading emails, updating my facebook/twitter, and deleting classified ads. The later is much faster on the ipad than my phone.

4. NightSailor

NightSailor Captain

I bought iNavX for the iPad and iPhone. $60 and well worth it for a navigation system. It is handy for me to keep on deck when I want a chart handy. Highly recommended but no replacement for a laptop navigation system.

5. Student Driver

Student Driver New Member

I'm an Apple fan boy but had never been particularly interested in the iPad until I saw them in action at a conference a couple of weeks ago and realized what lean, mean, conference-going machines they can be. They are of course way easier to lug around than a laptop. I saw a presentation run off one iPad. Another dude took notes and did all the other things on his iPad that I normally do at conferences except at the end of the day he hadn't bothered setting up his power adapter and he still had 80% battery juice left.

6. shamusunset

shamusunset New Member

I have been using the navionics app on my iPad. it has worked out great

• Like Like x 1
  7. shamusunset

shamusunset New Member

Here are a few screen shots from my iPad nav 2.jpg nav 1.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  8. jerryRiggin

jerryRiggin Member

I agree with Shamusunset. We also have Navionics on our
    1. iPad
    2. Galaxy S3
    3. Galaxy S4
    4. Galaxy tablet
    We have some of these waterproofed and some of them....not so much. But whether we use the app in the cabin or on deck, that has been the most useful sailing app we've downloaded.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. torrid

torrid Just sailing

Be careful what you wish for. You just might get it!

10. sampeeter

sampeeter New Member

Nice video Here I got a new idea for Ipad
    Zoophyte

11. jerryRiggin

jerryRiggin Member

I was always an Android person but after I got an iPad I discovered that apple stuff is really awesome! I use my iPad for navigating, tracking regattas and races, tracking sailing practice (and I even used it to track our takeoff in a commercial jet just to see what the speed was on wheels-up)! The iPad has a built in GPS so you don't need wifi or cell signal for it to track. Just download the free Navionics app and you can use your iPad for nautical navigation, tracking races (gives you distance overall, leg distances, overall time, average speed, max speed, and more), and saving routes so you know where you've been (and you can share the routes easily with your friends). Definitely love the iPad (and it takes great photos!)

12. robbinsleep

robbinsleep New Member

I don't even know waterproof ipad case do existed. Am i out dated?

Last edited: Mar 12, 2016
  13. jerryRiggin

jerryRiggin Member

LifeProof! They are awesome, indestructible and waterproof.