How do these dinghies compare?

Ig242

I'm a 15-year-old used to sailing with a laser in a radial sail, and although I'm no professional (i have only raced once), I enjoy speeding with the laser and hiking out. However, now I'm looking to join a new sailing club, and the one I'm interested in doesn't provide Lasers to hire (I don't own one). These are the ones they provide: Picos, RS Qubas, RS Fevas, Bugs, Optimists, Toppers, RS Teras. How do these dinghies compare to a Laser? Will I notice a great difference, or will it be the same?

Thanks,
Ignacio

All are entry-level boats, most of them designed for a lower sailor weight than the Laser Radial (less than 60 kg). The Quba probably provides a fairly similar sailing experience, while the Feva (with a reasonably light crew) would be something new and different to try. The others will feel too easy and/or small after a Laser.

All are entry-level boats, most of them designed for a lower sailor weight than the Laser Radial (less than 60 kg). The Quba probably provides a fairly similar sailing experience, while the Feva (with a reasonably light crew) would be something new and different to try. The others will feel too easy and/or small after a Laser.
Thanks for the answer, I will probably end up trying some of them and seeing which one I like the most.

Back