Home-made ABS Dolly

Meridian

I'm trying to find the plans for a homemade abs (black pipe) Laser dolly. I had built one years ago and it worked great and the plans cut out all the guesswork.

I see many threads about it on the forum, but all the links are now bad. Below was the common link. Anyone have these plans ?

This link no longer works : http://www.jdecm.com/laser/dollies.htm#Dollies

thanks

I know Seitech dollies are a little pricey, but I think they are well worth the money. I bought mine in 1996 and still use it. That was two Lasers ago. The only thing I've had to do to it are replace a couple innertubes and get new grips for the handles.

I just saw on the intensity sails website they are gong to start selling a laser dolly for $250.00. It did not look like it disassembled as much as the Sietech and did not have the hull support forward but might be a lower cost alternative without having to build one may have probably will have no resale value.

I'm looking for a cheap solution to get a beach boat 20-50 feet down to the water
the homemade solution seems too labor intensive,
the other solutions are too expensive.

any other ideas?

I know Seitech dollies are a little pricey, but I think they are well worth the money. I bought mine in 1996 and still use it. That was two Lasers ago. The only thing I've had to do to it are replace a couple innertubes and get new grips for the handles.
I agree with Torrid...I researched the building of a dolly and even though you can purchase almost all the critical fittings and components, by the time you add your time it's not practicle. I just decided to by a dolly i could easily sell if I had to (Seitech) and with FREE shipping at West Coast Sailing it was a no brainer

Thanks for the help folks.

Anyone have any feedback on the Intensity Dolly ?

I ordered the $250 one, but got the more expensive one shown on the site. There were delivery problems with the cheaper one, I guess. Anyway, I really like what I got. It was super easy to put together, with the corner plastic joiner pieces already in place. The Seitech you have to put together completely. The Intensity one has no gunwale supports, plus the strap seems short to me, so the back of the Laser sits really high. This can be a bit of an issue getting the boat on the dolly single handed, but it was still doable for me. It's nicely balanced though, making the boat light to move.
I've only had it for two weeks, so time will tell how it holds up. It's quite sturdy and the quality seems to be there.

Back