hiking bench

Discussion in 'Laser Talk' started by Federico Schneider, Nov 29, 2005.

1. sailor327

sailor327 New Member

if you could make one like either of those with an adjustable strap i would buy one.

2. fishingmickey

fishingmickey Member

Definatley a labor of love, a very nice piece of work Jim.
    Best regards,
    Fishingmickey
    150087/181157

3. Sailsmarter

Sailsmarter New Member

I have just launched what many are saying is the best hiking bench ever designed. The Hike Pro really simulates sailing due to its unique rocking design. As you hike back it rocks back to mimic flattening your boat. If you relax it rocks back up! It has double mainsheets to work out the arms as you practice and also can be collapsed in 15 seconds for quick storage under a bed of couch after the work out. It has a padded seat to simulate using hiking pads. Current greats such as 2012 Laser North American Champion Chris Barnard, Steve Hunt, multi world and other champion, writer for Sailing World "ask the experts" and coach of the reveered Point Loma High School sailing team and many others are using it.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 15, 2014
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. deadrock

deadrock New Member

>>
    The link for my modified Tillman hiking bench (modified so that you can fold it and hang it up) is no longer at the link quoted above. The current address is:
    http://www.deadrock.co.uk/laser/bench01.htm

The hiking bench in the photos is still going strong; wish the same could be said for the builder. The dark-haired kid in the photos has just started at Oxford Uni. Time flies . . . .
    Deadrock

5. IntensitySails

IntensitySails Member