Hairline crack along deck/hull seam

FishingAgain

Ready to come-about
First time post - I've already used several threads to give me great tips - so thanks to all!

I recently bought an early 1970s era Sunfish in great shape but for the usual hull leaks. I previously owned one in my teens, which is a LONG time ago... I did a leak test this weekend and she did well - just three areas need attention. First is the mast step - I've looked at previous threads on methods to tackle this (negative pressure in hull and drop in some epoxy. I'm not as concerned about this one for now.

My Question: The other two spots are hairline cracks along the deck/hull seam. One very close to the bow is 1" long and the other is about 5" long and on the port side near the combing/daggerboard slot. I thought to use 5200 then met the issue of how to get the adhesive into the cracks; even prying them open a small bit means trying to get goopy stuff in very tight quarters. I have a syringe and injector needle kit for wood glue that might work, but it occurs that a more 'runny' epoxy might be a better thing to use - inject well into the cracks and then clamp with tongue depressors to save the deck.

Any suggestions on this repair are greatly welcomed.

Thanks in advance.

Back