Gross Misconduct Personal Attacks Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

sailor327

Re: Gross Misconduct at Laser PCCs

[EDIT: This thread contains all the irrelevant remarks from the Gross misconduct at Laser PCC's thread located in the Laser News and Class Politics section. This thread is not open to new posts. Thanks, Bradley]

oh wow, sounds like you've got a fan gouv. i've started goin to that forum a bit lately and it seems to be ful of skiff sailors and laser sailors and the skiff sailors have huge egos about themselvs and their boats.

sailor327 said:
oh wow, sounds like you've got a fan gouv. i've started goin to that forum a bit lately and it seems to be ful of skiff sailors and laser sailors and the skiff sailors have huge egos about themselvs and their boats.

The real Gouvernail already has a different screen name at Sailing Anarchy, and the real Gouvernail doesn't need to lace his posts with obscenities to express himself in a colorful fashion. We love the real Gouvernail, as whimsical as he may be. Accept no substitutes!

Merrily said:
The real Gouvernail already has a different screen name at Sailing Anarchy, and the real Gouvernail doesn't need to lace his posts with obscenities to express himself in a colorful fashion. We love the real Gouvernail, as whimsical as he may be. Accept no substitutes!
HAHAHA, Amen

haha, as if us sailing just has some chart that they looked at to come to the 2 year suspension.
(2 punches thrown + malicious intent) X age difference of victim = 2 years

your not even a class member scalisip (according to your profile), and youve missed the point- this is an open forum of opinions, that is the purpose of this forum, to share one's opinions. GET A CLUE!

if you have all this time to chime in on this issue, why cant you at least join the class?

if anyone shouldnt share their opinions here, its clearly YOU!

either A) you dont have the $ to join the class, in which case you need to get to work
B) youre too cheap to join (most likely)
C) you dont even sail lasers at any regattas that require membership, because youre not good enough (or not man enough) to compete in big regattas (also likely) in this case you should be practicing not making posts saying that open forums arent for opinions. (that has to be one of the dumbest things ive ever heard)

scalisip said:
Hey 154537;
Opinions are not what's important here. We are all bound by the rules of US Sailing, and good sportsmanship. We all agree to abide by them by virtue of our entrance into a race or regatta. Competitor policed yes, but with an authority having jurisdiction to resolve matters. If you act like a fool you should expect to be treated with contempt, protests, suspensions or expulsions. If the competitor in question disagrees he can appeal.

Thanks for pointing out my self righteousness, I love it.
P

ah hah!
(thanks to google) its come to light that you are an east coast j/24 sailor (big surprise).
as far as i can tell youve never even stepped on a laser before.

how dare you come into this forum and state to the world that my opinion doesnt matter, when I, unlike you, are a dues paying member of the ILCA, and saw the subject incident last summer at cbyc.

go shovel your driveway, or tune your j/24 rig or something, and keep your negative, anti-first amendment comments to yourself!

scalisip said:
Hey 154537;
Opinions are not what's important here. We are all bound by the rules of US Sailing, and good sportsmanship. We all agree to abide by them by virtue of our entrance into a race or regatta. Competitor policed yes, but with an authority having jurisdiction to resolve matters. If you act like a fool you should expect to be treated with contempt, protests, suspensions or expulsions. If the competitor in question disagrees he can appeal.

Thanks for pointing out my self righteousness, I love it.
P

upon further investigation, yes you have sailed lasers. sorry it just bums me out when people dont join the class... we have all these people like fred, tracy, etc who spend so much time to make this a great class, yet other people cant throw down $50 to help out.

in re: to the last post, i think punishments should be up to the national authority, and the class itself should take a hands off approach... the resources of the class are already strained as it is (which relates to my comments on paying your dues) so if descions like this can be left to the national authority, why not?

154537 said:
ah hah!
(thanks to google) its come to light that you are an east coast j/24 sailor (big surprise).
as far as i can tell youve never even stepped on a laser before.

how dare you come into this forum and state to the world that my opinion doesnt matter, when I, unlike you, are a dues paying member of the ILCA, and saw the subject incident last summer at cbyc.

go shovel your driveway, or tune your j/24 rig or something, and keep your negative, anti-first amendment comments to yourself!

This site is starting to look more like SA every day. Not that I mind SA, but everything has it's place. I didn't think this kind of crap happened here. Another thread recently discussed when or when not to censor, delete, or close a thread. IMO, this one has reached that point. There are no more posts that pertain to the original subject, and all it is now is a waste of bandwidth, with individuals flaming each other. I say kill it already, and let the flamers open up their own new threads as they see fit. Either that, or a moderator should start dumping the crap. If it has nothing to do with the suspension, burn it!

Steve_Landeau said:
This site is starting to look more like SA every day. Not that I mind SA, but everything has it's place. I didn't think this kind of crap happened here. Another thread recently discussed when or when not to censor, delete, or close a thread. IMO, this one has reached that point. There are no more posts that pertain to the original subject, and all it is now is a waste of bandwidth, with individuals flaming each other. I say kill it already, and let the flamers open up their own new threads as they see fit. Either that, or a moderator should start dumping the crap. If it has nothing to do with the suspension, burn it!

I believe that at SA when a thread gets out of hand, it is deleted? As I found out, Bradley is extremely reluctant to do that, so it's something to think about when making a post here. It's quite likely that our words and apparent tone are immortalized forever (or as long as the internet lasts) here for all to see, including our wife/husband, mother, and Aunt Tessie in Muskogee, children, grandchildren, and prospective employers. :(

Merrily said:
I believe that at SA when a thread gets out of hand, it is deleted?
I don't think so!
In any case, if anyone uses the language that we find above (it is not worth to repeat it, or to even look at it again) why don't we just ignore it? The funny thing is that the person who posted most of that language eventually recognized his own mistakes and chilled down again.

Gouvernail: Thank you for the document (http://www.rya.org.uk/NR/rdonlyres/B...uidancev10.pdf). It is interesting that it is stated that: "There is no authority to impose a penalty relevant to any other event or series, even if it is organized by the same authority" (A4.14). If this is the case then how can USSailing impose a penalty for any sailing event?

Georg

To all;

I would like to apologize to everyone on behalf of Mike Rutledge, aka 154537. Apparently I have offended him to such an extent that he sees fit to google me and call me out on this forum. Apparently he has nothing better to spend his time on and needs to point out who I am and where and what I sail(which I am proud of). He has highjacked this forum to pick a fight with me over the internet. He's so crafty and manly and witty.

I would like to apologize to the forum if anyone is offended by my posts. I am not in any way trying to stifle open exchange of ideas. I was hoping folks would keep posts to a reasonable lenght so we can follow along. I am as passionate about sailing as anyone on this or any other site and the idea of someone having a physical altercation in a sailboat race, regardless of circumstances just infuriates me. As corinthians we are supposed to be above this, I guess we all don't fit into the description of Corithian.
P

If there are any more personal attacks this thread will be closed for good. I don't mind discussion on the original topic but this thread has nearly completely left that path.

Regards,

If the previous post was a request to either close or move this thread to the open discussion forum, I second it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back