furling jib

Rod

Hi Guys, I am new to the group. I just purchased my 1990 Capri 14.2 last week, it is a model 2 I think.
It has a harken furling drum. I was wondering whether there was another way to raise the mast without the jib attacked to the tang. I have been tying the rolled furling jib to the mast with a bungee cord so that it is not dangling around when raising the mast. is there another way to do this?

Hi Guys, I am new to the group. I just purchased my 1990 Capri 14.2 last week, it is a model 2 I think.
It has a harken furling drum. I was wondering whether there was another way to raise the mast without the jib attacked to the tang. I have been tying the rolled furling jib to the mast with a bungee cord so that it is not dangling around when raising the mast. is there another way to do this?
I have a mod 1 with a roller furling. The roller furling is an integral part of the headstay so the headstay/jib has to be attached to the tang on the mast before the mast is raised. My wife holds the roller furling while I raise the mast. When the mast is in position she attaches the roller furling to the bow plate.

I decided to permanently attach the roller furler assembly to the headplate on the bow. I attach the head of the jib to the upper portion of the mast and after I raise the mast just take the tack of the jib and attach it to the roller furler with a simple thumb screw. Uber quick to raise and lower the mast.

Attachments

• RollerFurler1.JPG
    RollerFurler1.JPG
    371.4 KB · Views: 75
Agreed. Much easier to store it rolled up...it keeps folds and creases to a minimum and you don't have to spend time flaking it after you are done sailing.

Back