FS: older sunfish

Discussion in 'Sunfish For Sale' started by Janina, Jun 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Janina

Janina New Member

THis is an older sunfish (1969-1971). No serial number as the deck plate fell off. Pretty good condition considering the age. Includes original sail and spars. Wood rudder and centerboard are not original and came from a more recent boat with the new style kickup rudder. Mast step holds water and appears to be in good condition. Same with centerboard slot. Lines are in good condition. Sail has a few small holes/tears as is expected from an original sail. Still works great as a recreational sail. No through holes in deck but there are some areas of cracking and boat takes on some water. I got the boat thinking I would have time to fix it up and my kids would enjoy it. However, I'm short on time and the kids are not taking any interest.

Here is what it needs:
    Inspection port near rudder to install new gudgeon bracket ($22)to hold the newer style rudder. About 3 feet of alumunim rub rail which is missing at back left corner (see pic). Some marine-tex/gel coat to repair cracks.

$600 OBO

Attached Files:

2. Janina

Janina New Member

Reduced Price: $500 OBO

3. Janina

Janina New Member

I've decided to do some parting out since nobody wants it all together.

Hull with spars and sail for $350 OBO

4. got2kayak

got2kayak New Member

Hi, Janina-

Got2Kayak here, and I find myself in the same boat, so to speak. You might want to consider donating your boat to a not-for-profit and taking a tax-write off (if you itemize your tax return).

I have a similar sunfish and an additional boat trailer. The few people who have viewed it want me to part it out or--worse yet--they want the trailer and not my boat!!!

Free advice is always worth what you've paid for it, I know. Nonetheless, I am including the link where I found the contact information. The man with whom I spoke was very nice.

Please know that I am not affiliated in any way with the organization below, but this is how I am parting with my beloved fish: getting that part of my yard back, getting a tax break, and, hopefully, helping others in the process.

Good luck to you!
    :)Got2Kayak

http://www.windchecklis.com/index.asp?id=130

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=+3]MYC Sailing Foundation, LLC[/SIZE][/FONT]​
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=+1]The MYC Sailing Foundation, LLC has two goals, the first of which is to give young people the opportunity to learn how to sail, the second is to assist those with some sailing experience to excel in the sport by providing sailing equipment and coaching.[/SIZE][/FONT]​
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=+1]For more information, Contact: [/SIZE][/FONT]​
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=+1]Richard Hovey, Director, MYC Sailing Foundation, LLC [/SIZE][/FONT]​
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=+1]706 Orange Center Road[/SIZE][/FONT]​
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=+1]Orange, CT 06477[/SIZE][/FONT]​
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=+1](203) 795-3008 [/SIZE][/FONT]​
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=+1]MYC Sailing Foundation, LLC is a 401C/3 status organization[/SIZE][/FONT]​

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.