Forum and archives

Alysum

Hi,

I wanted to know why in the Laser sailing forum we can only access the first 3 pages ?
All the old stuff is only accessible via the archives which I find a shame. I'd rather explore the old threads with this new cool interface. Also the search engine only searches inside the first 3 pages which will make people create more threads when a question/issue has probably already been raised in the archives !

Your comments ?

Hi,

I wanted to know why in the Laser sailing forum we can only access the first 3 pages ?
All the old stuff is only accessible via the archives which I find a shame. I'd rather explore the old threads with this new cool interface. Also the search engine only searches inside the first 3 pages which will make people create more threads when a question/issue has probably already been raised in the archives !

Your comments ?

You can access the old pages by scrolling down to the bottom of the page to display options. Choose the time period you want, 1 month, 6 months, a year, and the older pages come up.

Also, the Search feature works fine for me, searching the older threads too.

Hi Alysum,

Merrily is right, you can extend the view by changing the option at the bottom of any showthread page. To search all threads in the forum you may have to use the global search function towards the top of any page.

To make it easier to find threads I have extended the default view time to two months instead of one.

Let me know if you have any more trouble!
Best Regards,

oh I see, thanks !

I think it would be best to show all threads since beginning by default when people subscribe to the forum ;)

Back