Even if I'm small, can I still stand tall?

J_Chan

As you've probably heard or read my user title, I'm a midget. I'm only 5'1 and I'm sick of being short. I'm 17 now and it doesn't seem like I'm going to get any taller. I always get lost in the crowd and not to mention in movie theatres someone's head blocks my view. Buying clothes is such a challenge too, because I'm short. Petite size clothes are so limited when it comes to styles and often cost more because of the smaller market. If you see someone walking around with their pantlegs mopping the floor, that's probably me...As I often have to buy something that's made for a 5'7 person. Plus I can't nor do I know how to sew.

The only advantages I can really think of is being able to easily hide under a bed or not getting hit by a boom as likely. Infact I haven't been hit by a boom ever. Guess there's a good thing about my height.

Don't take this too seriously as a rant or anything.

Yes, you can!

And you can be proud of yourself for having taken the initiative to start something entirely new. We all hope that sailing will be something you will enjoy for the rest of your life.

PS: I am still learning after some 30 years....

Your going to find it very beneficial to be able to remain standing in the cockpit of a dinghy during tacks and gybes.

Back