Donnie Martinborough on Top Chef!!!??

The season finale of Top Chef that aired a day or two back takes place (at least in part) at the Royal Nassau Yacht Club. I have not seen it, but a friend of mine (a Laser sailor) just sent me an email, and said they interviewed the commodore, who said he is a three time Sunfish World Champion. That can only be one Bahamian, Donnie, the recent 7th place finisher in the Midwinters.

Wonderful Comcast/Xfinity has for some reason removed Top Chef from On Demand, and Bravo TV does not have the episode available online either, but if you can see it, apparently you can see Donnie on national TV!!

TUM

Donnie may have be on it, I didn't see it, but he's not the commodore of the NYC right now. He is the Sunfish Class fleet captain though. There's also two clubs, one the Royal Nassau Sailing Club (RNSC) and one is the Nassau Yacht Club (NYC). I'm pretty sure the current commodore of the NYC was on the show, so maybe Donnie was too!

I finally saw it. My Laser friend had it almost right - the commodore (or possibly the past commodore) said Donnie won the Worlds three times. Donnie was on camera several times, and got to smile, but never was on camera while speaking. TUM

Back