News D7: Report #3 from the Asia Pacific Masters

News

Race day #2 report from Peter Seidenberg:

We had pretty much the same conditions as yesterday: S 18-15, with ebb current against the wind. In view of the forecasted weather change for the next two days, the race committee decided to run 3 races today, all on course #1. Thus, we have half of the intended 10 races in the bag, and with it, a throw-out. My finishes today were 4, 8, and 5. Unfortunately for me, Keith Wilkins continues to produce solid finishes of 3, 3, and 3. He is now 7 points ahead of me. I'm still in fourth place overall and second in the GGM division.

The 29-boat Standard fleet is, like the Radial fleet, dominated by young Thai and Malaysian sailors. Top Master is Colin Dibb from Australia in fourth place overall.

There are two other US sailors here: David Hillmyer in Standard and his girlfriend Donna Steele in Radial, both from Sarasota.

Tomorrow's forecast calls for light winds from the North which is reportedly disputed by the Thai fishermen on the RC boat who predict a continuation of the South wind for at least one more day. I hope they are right.
2059762914333500579-143742887928965267

D7 Blog

Back