News Charlotte Harbor Regatta 2010

bglesun

Sunfish racers!

I just got out of a meeting with yacht club officers, veteran racers and race officials, tourism development officials and local media reps and all signs point to an early March 2010 Charlotte Harbor Regatta for multiple one-design fleets (Melges, Flying Scot, Sunfish, Corsair, Colgate, J-22, etc.) and mixed-fleet handicap races over a 4-5-day stretch in March 2010.

Charlotte Harbor, on Florida's Gulf Coast, is the second largest harbor in the state. It lies about halfway between St. Pete and Naples. In 2004 SAIL magazine named it one of the 10 greatest places to sail in the United States. It has hosted the Olympic Soling trials and the Olympic windsurfer trials as well as many one-design races, including the Sunfish midwinters.

For more information on the Charlotte Harbor Regatta, please email me at [email protected]. If you are a one-design owner or crew, please contact me with questions or input as we plan this regatta.

Brian Gleason
Charlotte Harbor Regatta
23170 Harborview Road
Charlotte Harbor, Florida 33980
941-206-1133

Thanks, Phish,

For folks who sign up before Dec., 31, we're putting them in a drawing for a free hotel room for regatta. Details on the Web site. Spread the word.

uploads
sunfish.jpg

Where's the boats?

With 3-4-foot seas on the ironically named Peace River, a hardy group of Sunfish sailors competed on Day One of the inaugural Charlotte Harbor Regatta, Feb. 6 on Charlotte Harbor, Florida.

Day Two of the Sunfish competition saw more settled seas and more boats joining the fray, but Saturday stalwarts Fred and Reid Hutchinson kept their 1-2 spots in the overall standings.

For complete results, go to www.charlotteharborregatta.com

Back