Carbon Fiber Tiller Extensions

Discussion in 'Laser Talk' started by macwas16, Jun 16, 2003.

1. macwas16

macwas16 New Member

Hello all,
    I am interested in getting a 48" carbon fiber tiller extension for my Laser and was wondering if anyone would lend any advice. I am currently interested in either an ACME Fatso or Fatso Jr. The Fatso has a 1.25'' diameter and is oval. The Fatso Jr. has a 1" diameter with the oval shape. Supposedly the large diameter oval provides a good feel in the hand and is easily controlled. The Fatso weighs 9 ounces and the Fatso Jr. weighs 7 ounces.

My other choice would be a 48" Ronstan carbon fiber extension whichs weighs just 4 ounces with the usuall thin shaft with a handle.

So what do you guys think? What do you use? What others should I take into consideration?

2. 49208

49208 Tentmaker

I use a Fatso Jr, and have a large hand.

I have used the normal 5/8" aluminum with golf grip style as well, the Fatso oval shape just fits my hand better.

Check out the Rooster site, they have more styles as well
    Rooster Sailing

3. lupi

lupi New Member

I use the ronstan 48" extention and it is really nice. It is light and I have never had a problem with it. The grip is really comfortable. I think it is a better choice that the fatso becuase, i feel, it is better and less expensive

4. will162878

will162878 New Member

Different sections suit different hands so look at a wide range before buying anything.