Capri Omega 14

Discussion in 'Capri/Catalina 14 Classified Ads' started by Starboard Cleat, Jul 1, 2016.

1. Starboard Cleat

Starboard Cleat New Member

City:
    De Pere
    State:
    Wisconsin
    Cost:
    This is a wonderful 14 Foot Capri Omega Sailboat Sloop. It comes with the main and jib that are in good condition. We've had the rudder converted to a kickup with lead weight and it makes launching and retrieving a lot easier. It's a fun boat to sail and has an outboard engine bracket that moves both up and down - very nice to have. The hull number is 641. It comes with trailer and is easy to launch. Not sure of the year of manufacture. DSC01094s.jpg

Attached Files:

2. strecker

strecker New Member

Is this boat still for sale? I live nearby and would come to see it. thank you

3. Starboard Cleat

Yes it's still for sale. We've got it out at our cottage on the Bay at the end of Nicolet Drive - just short of Edgewater Beach. Would you like to drive out tonight and see it?

4. strecker

strecker New Member

I am committed to help with an Open Days garden tour in Milwaukee, or I would be there. Can you tell me the condition of the hull? scrapes, gouges, etc.? I really try to keep my boats polished up; sort of silly. Do you cover the boat? Also is the storage hatch sealed, so that the boat would not sink if capsized? I think after many years of really active sailing in Lasers and Butterflies I would like something restful; so might the dogs. Thank you for your trouble in responding. Susan

5. Starboard Cleat

The hull is in good shape. No gouges or scrapes - some scratches I imagine but those look normal with the age of the boat. It polishes up nice. We've kept the boat in a shed so it's not been weathered. The front hatch is self-contained and not all that big and it's integrity is separate from the hull. People have used it as an ice chest. Fill it up with ice and the boat sails with your beverages (or the extra things you carry.) The design is self bailing. Any water that comes in, say you lean it too far over on a tack, flows out through the centerboard opening and things stay dry. The only issue I can see is that the clear gell coating on the centerboard has separted some at the top. We've sailed with it like that for quite a while without any issues. The mahogany on the centerboard is fine as far as far as I can tell. At some point you can remove the centerboard and re-coat if if you wish. Since the rudder has been rebuilt as a kick-up the finish there is all good.
    - Dan