For Sale: Capri 14.2 -- Mod 3 (VERY NICE!)

Discussion in 'Capri/Catalina 14 Classified Ads' started by jwbruce, Aug 3, 2011.

1. jwbruce

jwbruce New Member

Selling my Mod 3 C14.2 hull #4958. -- $4000

On a 14' galvanized trailer with custom designed mast/boom mounts for highway trailering. Allows you to step the mast, hank the sails on, trailer-launch and be sailing with 15 minutes of arriving at the ramp. I do this single-handed.

I bought her brand-new in 2001 from WeatherMark Sailing (the Hunter and Catalina dealer) on Lake Lanier/Atlanta. Only fresh water sailed. Very gently-used and very lovingly maintained. Covered dry-dock storage since I've owned her. The only time she's seen the sun (damaging UV) was sitting in the dealer's lot in 2001 and when I have her out on the water. Apart from the (few) usual dock scuffs along her side, she is in "like-new" condition.

Red, white & blue factory hull striping with the red, white and blue factory sails. Standard jib (w/ hanks). I've added tell-tails and masttop wind vane. Includes the custom-made C14.2 Rooke Sails sunbrella cover (value $450) which is extremely nice.

She sports the factory-installed motor mount. I have the lovely long-shaft 2HP honda 4-stroke outboard (used once) that I can sell for $700 extra. New these motors retail for $900.

$4700 for motor, hull, cover, sail/jib, and trailer is a great deal given their amazing condition.... New today this setup would be well north of $8000.

Located in inland-Mississippi. Will consider delivering to southeastern/deep south destinations for gas money. PM me for more info and photos.

2. grizzitt

grizzitt Grizzitt

Hi I am very interested in your boat? I live in Pensacola fl so I could maybe meet you half way. Please send photos to kerrymuir@att.net and your ph number. Mine ph is 850 484 7412

Thanks Kerry

3. jwbruce

jwbruce New Member

SOLD! Thanks for looking.