Can I Rent a Sunfish in the Dallas / Forth Worth Area?

Eleventy

Are there any Sunfish boats rentable by the hour or day, in or near Dallas / Forth Worth, Texas?

I remember having fun sailing Sunfish as a teenager and young adult. Fast-forward about fifteen years, and now I want to introduce Sunfish to my own teenage children. I probably won't have any problems getting back into it myself, but my kids could use some instruction if it's available.

I live closest to Grapevine and Lewisville lakes, if that helps.

I would love to, but we just moved into the area. I don't have any safe place to store a boat until we find a house. Plus, neither of our vehicles has a hitch. Given that, I thought rental would be a better option for now. Unfortunately, my google-fu has not found any evidence of Sunfish being rentable in DFW. I located a Sunfish rental in Galveston, but that's a five hour drive away.

Are there any Sunfish boats rentable by the hour or day, in or near Dallas / Forth Worth, Texas?

I remember having fun sailing Sunfish as a teenager and young adult. Fast-forward about fifteen years, and now I want to introduce Sunfish to my own teenage children. I probably won't have any problems getting back into it myself, but my kids could use some instruction if it's available.

I live closest to Grapevine and Lewisville lakes, if that helps.

I'm a big fan of the USSCA - the Sunfish Class organization - and you are particularly fortunate to be within driving distance of some of the friendliest and accommodating members of the class -- and their clubs. If I were you I wouldn't hesitate to contact some class members, including maybe the current regional representative for your region <==click there -- (actually if it were me, I'd contact a certain past class president who hails from your state, who has a deserved reputation for offering fellow sailors the shirt off of his Sunfish-tattoo'd back - or at least pointing them in the right direction). For anyone in our own neck of the woods - too far for you, unfortunately - the folks in our fleet would arrange to lend a Sunfish to a newcomer with an interest in sailing. The class really is that friendly.

Anyway, do yourself a favor and check out the class association and its local fleets. It doesn't hurt to ask around.

Back