Can anyone confirm this is a 420?

northwind

I got this boat for free and yes it will be project boat. It looks to me like a 420 but it has a differnet fore deck from what I am seeing on the current 420 related websites. I suspect this was a very early model/design. There is no serial number so pre-1972 most likely. No sails so insignia is not the place for clues. The centerboard and rudder were home made and while the centre board may work, I think the rudder profile is all wrong. If anyone has info on what the rudder should look like, that would be appreciated. I have the mast and boom which are in reasonable shape. There are no spreaders or mounting holes where they would have been, which I thought odd. No trapeze or spinnaker gear. Some other bits are missing but easily replaced.
Thanks

Attachments

• P8290426.jpg
    P8290426.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 85
  • P8290425.jpg
    P8290425.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 80
  • P8290428.jpg
    P8290428.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 84
Could be a collegite 420. They would have no trap and no spin. Just bare bones main and jib. And most programs never had the boat class insignia.

Definitely a 420, Whether it was collegiate or not once you get the mast and rigging you can add spinnaker and trapeze. Have fun remodeling!!

Back