Calling Southern California Sailors

endkaos

A couple of weeks ago, I took my Capri 14 to Newport Beach for some sailing in the harbor. We launched from Newport Dunes boat ramp ($15 a day), had a great time and learned a few lessons about sailing in Newport Harbor.

Over the fourth of July, we are looking on taking the Capri to Long Beach. Any suggestions on what NOT to do or where the best to launch and sail are?

Also the first week in August, we are bringing the boat out to San Diego to try it out on Mission Bay. Again, suggestions on what NOT to do or where the best place to launch is?

All information is greatly appreciated.

Mission Bay

I'd recommend launching at Quivera Basin. If you look at a map of San Diego, you'll see Ingraham St. passing right through the center of Mission Bay (north to south.) Quivera Basin is at the south end of Mission Bay right on Ingraham St. From there sail north, right into Sail Bay, on the west side of Mission Bay. You'll pass Mission Bay YC on the left (blue canopy out front.) That's the home of Fleet 2. Stop in and visit with us.

Thanks for the invitation. Also, we are members of the Arizona Yacht Club and have reciprocal through the Southern California Yacht Association. We are looking forward to sailing Mission Bay. We currently have reservations with the Dana Inn, but there is no room at their marina. So we will have to step down the mast every night. I was really hoping we would get a slip, so we wouldn't have to.

Back