Bridle length for 11'3" mystery boat

Discussion in 'Sailing Talk' started by Kitecop, Jan 11, 2017.

1. LaLi

LaLi Active Member

Sure, but why?

The smartest (I think) bottom-end attachment would be to a rope loop around the mast, running through a small eyestrap or fairlead located as low as possible on the frontside of the mast.

2. Kitecop

Kitecop New Member

Id have to drill in the the mast to do that. I mounted a block on the wood base and installed a cleat on the boom. Seems to work just fine. The boom cant really even go out close to 90 without hitting the shroud. I put is out as far as i could and the boom movement vertically is really reduced.

I did have anothe problem today tho. Only about 4-5knots of wind and my mast twisted on me. About 30degrees. I just put new, heavier duty screws in the wood block the goes inside the mast to prevent it fron twisting and it looks like one got sheared off.

3. LaLi

LaLi Active Member

You mean the mast rotated around its vertical axis? That would be something totally unheard of, although the lack of spreaders sure makes it possible.

Actually, I have a hypothesis, but I first need close-up pictures of the mast step and even more importantly, the hounds (the area of the attachment points of the shrouds).