BigFish (A larger Sunfish clone) for sale

Discussion in 'Sunfish For Sale' started by dlglick, Jul 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dlglick

dlglick New Member

Big Fish, 2006 $4000

The BigFish is 16 1/2 foot long and with a 5 ft maximum beam. It is essentially a larger version of the Sunfish or Phantom and weighs about 260 pounds.

The BigFish is designed to be sailed with two or more people, although one person can handle it in light winds. For stronger winds, you should have two people. The boat is very fast and I have clocked it at 8 mph with my GPS in srong winds. The boat has 32 pool noodles inside the hull to provide positive flotation.

The boat comes with a trailer and a boat cover. It has one large watertight compartment to store food and drinks, as well two smaller watertight compartments for wallets or keys.

There are some slight scratches in the gelcoat and some small spots of rust on the trailer.

The boat was bought new in 2006.

If the boat tips over, it can be self righted and quickly bailed out. I know this, because I have done it.

I am selling because I getting a smaller boat that is designed for one person.

Contact me for additional questions or look at pictures of my boat at this site:
    http://www.sailingtexas.com/sbigfish102.html

The boat is currently at Harvey's Lake, PA, but will be moved to Mountaintop, PA in early September.

Email David at dlglick2000@gmail.com
    or phone 570-430-8513

2. dlglick

dlglick New Member

This is just to let people know that the price of the BigFish is $4000 or Best Offer that I receive.

3. matias

matias Member

do you have any photos?

4. dlglick

dlglick New Member

Attached Files:

5. dlglick

dlglick New Member

If you go to this site you can get more infromation about the BigFish including some reviews and a movie. Scroll down at the site to find the reviews and movie.
    http://www.bigfishyachts.com/

6. Wavedancer

Wavedancer Upside down? Staff Member

260 lbs; is that a typo?

7. dlglick

dlglick New Member

260 pounds is not a typo. The company says it is 240 pounds and I added 32 pool noodles for positive flotation so I am guessing 260 pounds. Of course it might be more like 250 pounds. This is a Sun Fish on steroids and is a big boat. Two people are very comfortable on this boat. It has a 5 foot maximum beam and a large sail area of 114 square feet. With two people I can sail in pretty much any wind condition. With just myself, I would get over-powered in the high winds because at my age-58-I just cannot hike out like I used to.
    This is a boat that you would launch from a trailer or from a hoist. i do have the straps for using on a hoist. Do not plan on carrying this boat to the water. I have set up a reefing system (to reduce sail area), but you must reef on land before you go. You cannot reef on the water.

8. dlglick

dlglick New Member

Re: Sunfish clone (BigFish) price reduction

Price has been reduced to $3800 OR BEST OFFER

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.