best way to rig outhaull to goosneck XD

Matt B

I have the piece of vectran but i found that you could put two D shackles together through the goosneck and onto the micro block to hold up the outhall the reason for this was to try to tidy up the rig as much as possable i hate having bits of crappy vectran everywhere.
is this legal?
are there any better ways?
what other ways could i tidy up the XD rig? That are legal mine if fairly tidy anyway but i absoloutley lothe vectran.

I've used two D shackles holding the blocks and then pinned the shackles to the gooseneck using the quick disconnect. Very clean and I think it is legal.

I have the piece of vectran but i found that you could put two D shackles together through the goosneck and onto the micro block to hold up the outhall the reason for this was to try to tidy up the rig as much as possable i hate having bits of crappy vectran everywhere.
is this legal?
are there any better ways?
what other ways could i tidy up the XD rig? That are legal mine if fairly tidy anyway but i absoloutley lothe vectran.

When the rivets holding the goose neck to the mast started to corrode, I took the opportunity to turn the gooseneck upside down before bolting it back on. This then put the small hole in the gooseneck side plate at the bottom left hand side (looking towards the bow).

Thorough the hole I have put a small twist shackle with a microblock on it, which the outhaul rope runs around. I do not use any other bits of string. I think it is legal, but I do not really care as I only do low key club racing, and it makes the boat so much easier and quicker to rig.

My boat is set up, so that from arrival at the club, to hitting the water is 15min max (which includes getting changed into hikers etc)

If you want anything determined if it's legal when it comes to rigging, I need to see photos of the set up.

Attachments

• Rigging 2.JPG
    Rigging 2.JPG
    787.5 KB · Views: 82
  • Rigging 6.JPG
    Rigging 6.JPG
    744.8 KB · Views: 77
  • Rigging 4.JPG
    Rigging 4.JPG
    785.1 KB · Views: 84
My advice is if you want to tie any rope around the gooseneck, don't put it through the metal bracket because the rope will just wear away unbelievably quickly and then snap.

Mine has a loop around the mast below the gooseneck, then through the block (both ends through the block), then each end goes each side of the gooseneck, finally above the gooseneck it crosses over then ties around the back of the mast.

Boath of my goosenecks on my full and radial are upside down the holes to the bottom i thaught this was how they are supposed to be as i bought a next to new radial bottom section and it had holes to the bottom and the goosneck on my full rig was a bit wobbly so when i riveted it back upside down ill post some pictures tomoro.

Typically the gooseneck fitting is supplied with the holes down, but the fitting can be legally used with the holes either up or down.
As an aside, I'm pushing for the fitting to be modified so that there are holes at both the top & bottom and I'm getting support from Clive on the idea.

Back